Eeek!

ChristiS1985
on 3/26/12 7:58 am - TN
Today has been a whirlwind of emotions and drama, I had a msg on my machine when I came in that they were changing my surgery from the 9th of April to the 2nd of April. They left that on my work phone on friday and im not in my office on Friday. SO I called because that would only give me 7 days of all liquids but they said it would be ok and then they told me that I had all my pre-op testing in 2 hours. I had to rush home and shave my legs lol. The preop testing sucked but I made it through (i hate needles). I turned in my FMLA paperwork here at work when I got back and thats when the drama started. My supervisor and director started freaking out (even though they know this has been coming for months!!!!). They said they were freaking out because the paper said that I could be out for a month. I reassured them that unless something happened I would be returning in two weeks. They never said no but they said they were going to have to devise a "plan" incase I had complications. Which under normal cir****tances that would seem routine but where I work its dog eat dog and they are constantly firing people. I decided to vent to this about my mother...wrong/horrible idea. Now she is all freaking out telling me not to do it because I am going to get fired. She may have a point but ive waited for so long and there is a chance that we may switch insurance policy's and if I wait what if we do and it isnt covered? I want this and I feel that ive worked very hard to get to this point and now it all just seems screwed up.
abrown8434
on 3/26/12 8:19 am - VA
Christi, baby, (in my best southern voice), girl get yourself together and have your surgery, LOL!

I do understand your nervousness and concerns, however, w/ FMLA you are COVERED! They couldn't fire you if they wanted to without the risk of serious litigation! If your immediate bosses don't know that, HR does!

People can freak out but your life and health is YOUR life and health. Please don't postpone the rest of your life for somone else. Now is the time: the insurance is covering it, you have a date and you have FMLA. Please don't second guess the situation and compromise for work. This is life; people have surgeries, unexpected events and illnesses and the job has to accommodate. Unless you are willing to be a self pay like I had to be, get in there and get your surgery done!

Best of luck to you! I hope you don't think I was harping on you but I waited over 10 yrs and this was the best decision of my life even though I had to pay out of pocket. I have zero regrets and I know how much life I have gained in just a six month period. Anyone who is serious about this surgery, I encourage them to do what it takes and stop putting their life on hold if they are suffering from a serious weight problem.

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

bigtigger1010
on 3/26/12 11:43 am - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
^^^ like!!!

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

lnbrack
on 3/26/12 8:24 am - ALPHARETTA, GA
VSG on 02/23/12
I agree with abrown couldn't have said it better myself.FMLA is your Job protection...No worries you will not lose your job over this and you will have a successful surgery and a wonderful recovery.

" With GOD before me who can be against me"

bbearsmama
on 3/26/12 8:41 am
RNY on 02/28/13
I agree with the others! Go for it! If this is what  you want-you do not want to wait--especially since your insurance may be changing. Like the others said, I think you would be protected under fmla.

Good luck and just try to feel the excitement and push the negative thoughts away! Worrying won't accomplish anything, anyway!

Hugs,
Pam

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

Feystorm
on 3/26/12 8:50 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 It may just be that this is your mom's way of expressing a general fear about the surgery.  My mom had bypass last summer - so she was supportive, but I did have a couple relatives express a similar concern. "What are you going to do about school?"  "What if you have a complications and miss classes, you can get kicked out for excess absences."  I always took those as a general fear about the surgery.  

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

mame31
on 3/26/12 11:54 am - RI
VSG on 05/29/12
 Christi- yu get out there and have your surgery...the rest will ske care of itself.  Olds are right about the FMLA coverage. Focus on you first. Best of luck!  Sending positive thoughts your way 
Mame31
BETHC500
on 3/26/12 12:37 pm
I agree with abrown... they can not fire you unless they want a huge lawsuit on their hands. Do not let them stress you or make you change your mind about the surgery. If everything through your insurance is approved and such... I say go for it.... do it for your health. Is your job worth more than your life.... go get your life back.... Take care.... ps tell your mom about the law suit thing with FMLA... I am sure she would not mind you being a millionaire after the law suit... LOL

ChristiS1985
on 3/26/12 11:36 pm - TN
Thanks to all of you so much for all of the encouraging words and advice. I decided last night that I dont give a damn...its just a job...its not my dream job anyway. I want to live life and I dont want to die at an early age. Im doing this for me and anyone that doesnt support it can kiss it lol. Once again, many thanks to all of you! :)
abrown8434
on 3/28/12 3:44 am - VA
  Now there's the spirit! Seriously, when you embark on something so serious and so life changing, you have to give yourself permission for once to be SELFISH! After all, it takes guts to grab the reins and risk everything to take back control of your life.

Best of luck to you (you can do this)!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active