6 months check in

MsLove01
on 5/13/12 8:32 am - WA

Hi everyone, I am coming up on 6 months!! Just under 70 lbs lost. I am wearing a size 14 for the first time since I was 20. I have to say shopping in the misses section was an amazing moment. Truly nothing has ever felt better. I am not so good about keeping up on the protein. I notice some days I will have a yogurt and not much else. I also have not started excercising. I keep saying I will start. I have always hated excercising and that hasn't changed! I am starting to get extra skin on my arms, thigs and tummy. My cup size has remained the same but I went down two band sizes. The girls are feeling the pain and are hanging to the floor...definatley need a good push up bra lol.
As far as life after surgery...I am healthier,  I feel better, have more energy, never think about food...but i am still the same inside. I still have the same issues with depression I had before. I am hopefull things wil change. I know it will take time. It is strange though, it changes how you feel physically, how people treat how, how people view you..but your insides stay the same.

My only regret is i didn't do this 10 years ago.
Before:

Now:
Marlene

jennygalthin n
on 5/13/12 9:01 am
you are looking great.. I applaud your honesty about the exercise thing; You are one of few who was very honest about not having a routine exercise plan; I wish you continued success with your weight loss

gloria P.
on 5/13/12 9:21 am - Fayetteville , AR
VSG on 01/06/12
I'm in your boat. I loathe exercise and have always had joint issues. even as a 120 lb teenager i was unable to jog because of pain in my ankles. now I have constant pain in my knee from arthritis. I had the sleeve to possibly help my knee pain and now, 60lbs lighter and my knee pain is the same and I will still have to have knee joint replacement surgery. so, basically my orthopedist wants me to conserve my knee (I work 12 hr shifts as an er nurse****il I have the pdo's built back up and can take off work for another surgery. I do, however, like you, feel healthier and hope to live longer because of my surgery. I'm thankful I did this, even though it hasn't helped my knee yet. I'm hopeful that my recovery will be easier and quicker with the weight gone. I'm also hopeful that my other health weight related issues will improve - sleep apnea, hypothyroid, arthritis, high cholesterol, and htn. we will see. right now, I feel better. good luck to all! and happy mother's day!

HEATHER H.
on 5/13/12 11:56 am - SC
VSG on 08/07/12
 Looking awesome, MsLove!! Congrats. As for the exercise, keep working at it. Even a walk after dinner is a huge improvement. If you feel good now, you'll feel great once you get moving! Take it slow and celebrate small victories. If you live in a 2-story house, take those stairs up and down a few times. Buy a Wii Fit, find something you like. Thanks for posting, you are an inspiration 
Tracasa
on 5/13/12 1:26 pm
You look awesome November Buddy, it feels so good feeling healthy and looking healthy too! Great job!

AllaP
on 5/14/12 10:37 am - Vaughan, Canada
 You look awsome!

Alla.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 83 views