Ruggie's back from plastic torture surgery

ruggie
on 6/9/12 4:43 pm - Sacramento, CA
 Howdy folks -

Sorry I've been gone so much- was really busy trying to tie up some loose ends at work, and then travelled for Memorial Day weekend, and finally (but not really) I had plastic surgery at the beginning of the week.

So, it's been a really transformative year - I still haven't reached my first 'surgiversary' yet, but have hit my weight goal, then passed it, then trained for a 5K, then ran it, then had plastics done. I believe this is due to being an over-achiever, listening to the advice of vets, and being an impatient ******* 

So I got to goal (and passed it - I need to gain back some since I was 150 before I had plastics) and still had the horrible love handles and deflated apron belly. Gave me a mess of trouble wearing clothes. So they had to go!

On Monday, I had a full lower bodylift with a side of chest liposuction (to clear up some moobage). Surgery ran over - was about 10.5 hours because thy had to go slower since I turned out to be such a bleeder (often a problem with folks that had big bellies - huge bellies need lots of blood vessels to feed 'em). 

So im kinda sorta back around now - let me know if you have any questions about my experience - yes, my pain was/is just horrible.  :(

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

rhearob
on 6/9/12 4:48 pm - TN
 Hope you do well my friend!  Get better soon.  I am working on following your example!  Planning on plastics around my 1 year surgiversary as well.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

ruggie
on 6/9/12 5:02 pm - Sacramento, CA
 I hope for your sake you have a much higher pain threshold - mine is low, low, low. 

rhearob
on 6/9/12 5:14 pm - TN
 Wish I could do something for you!  Just think of all the fun new clothes shopping you get to do though!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Feystorm
on 6/9/12 4:52 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Hope you recover quickly!!  Take care and get your required rest!

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

lowbrass03
on 6/9/12 4:57 pm - houston, TX
VSG on 05/17/12
 Wow that is an amazing transformation, it looks like your commitment to a better life paid off. Congratulations. Keep up the good work and i hope you recuperate quickly. 

doggz109
on 6/9/12 5:13 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
WOW...........10.5 hour surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Glad you are ok man.  Take it easy and feel better.  You will be back up and running a 10K next time.
ruggie
on 6/10/12 3:34 am - Sacramento, CA
 Thanks man ... Really appreciate it!!!

cece58
on 6/9/12 5:17 pm - CA
 You looked so good when we met at the last SJ support group. Hard to imagine the need for plastic surgery.  Hope you heal fast. I think I will keep the wrinkles and loose skin because the thought of all that pain is just too much for me. I am impressed with all of your accomplishments. Hope to see you again soon.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

ruggie
on 6/9/12 5:35 pm - Sacramento, CA
 Well that's very kind and sweet of you to say. 

The skin gut caused problems with my clothing - I took pains to hide it, but it bugged me and kept me from feeling completed.  The pain is high - but at least (hopefully) transitory. I'm hoping it will be a good trade-off: couple weeks of pain for years of the body shape I want (just a basic cylinder!****ep looking at where I've had love handles for a couple decades up until a few days ago and my mind just boggles. Same with the stomach - whether an inflated beach ball or deflated balloon, it's all gone now. 

Thanks for your well-wishes. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views