Ruggie's back from plastic torture surgery

ruggie
on 6/9/12 6:26 pm - Sacramento, CA
 I dunno - still debating. 

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

lanunes
on 6/9/12 7:42 pm - CA
Congrats on your surgery !!! How exciting it must be to have completed this journey =)  You have come along way and I am sure each day will get better. From what you can tell are you happy with the results so far, or is it too hard to tell yet? I hope you have a fast recovery!!! 
      Leslie Nunes              
ruggie
on 6/10/12 3:37 am - Sacramento, CA
 I'm in a lot of pain and substantially much poorer now, but so far, I'm really happy with the results. It's all I can do to not try on clothes right now!!!  

Wildoatslady
on 6/9/12 7:58 pm
Hope your pain subsides quickly. Glad you are back. Your advice and knowledge are priceless. Congrats on losing those love handles.
StartWeight:264
Surgery date 11/23        
ruggie
on 6/10/12 3:38 am - Sacramento, CA
 Aww you're always so sweet Oats, thanks!

frisco
on 6/9/12 8:09 pm

Hey Ruggs..... Hope you heal quick !!!!

yah had enough time off from OH.......Your gonna have to get on it full time now......

Some very funky things going on that needs your attention.......

Just pop a few Pains and save a few everyday.....!!!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

ruggie
on 6/10/12 3:42 am - Sacramento, CA

Oh well - be sure to message me with some good links then, Frisco!  You know how I can't resist funky things. 

Boy, there will be no saving of pills this time. I need each and everyone right now!  Who knows, maybe that will even change tomorrow. 

hwag5149
on 6/9/12 8:42 pm
OMG! How exciting... and how scary! I can't wait to see pictures of the final product when you are done healing. Can you describe the pain? Is there anything you can compare it to? Everyone says it is really bad. It's making me second guess whether I'll be wanting PS even if I end up looking terrible. I'm pretty bad with pain and I don't tolerate pain meds too well.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

ruggie
on 6/10/12 3:52 am - Sacramento, CA
 Well, a couple things here. 

First, pain is relative. I know that my pain threshold is lower than average (I am a male after all - you know us!)

Second, I could have exchanged pain for time and money. I could have broken my LBL into two separate surgeries, front (abdominoplasty / tummy tuck) now and then a butt lift later. But I truly am an impatient ******* and would pay twice for the facility fee (and a little more for anesthesiologist).  And taken time off work twice. 

Third, I like to think in cost-benefit terms. Couple weeks of pain now is how many years of happiness?  To help something I used to dread (clothes shopping) into an experience that can actually be joyful. Here's the kicker. I'm approaching my 40s (*gasp*) and for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE feel that I could go do something outside - swim, go tubbing, whatever - with my shirt off. I've never ever done anything like that, and just considering it gives me a large sense of freedom. 

Ms. Poker Face
on 6/9/12 8:59 pm
Glad to hear from you, man. Keep resting. Once those incisions heal, you'll be good as new!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 249 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 316 views