Loose skin

myveryownjet
on 7/19/12 2:40 am - LA
Contemplating VSG...really waiting for final insurance approval.  What are y'all's most successful attempts at fighting the loose skin after weight loss?  Which exercises, cremes, wraps, procedures, etc.?  Also, planning a cruise for September.  Should I have surgery before or after cruise?  Thanks so much in advance!
acbbrown
on 7/19/12 2:42 am - Granada Hills, CA
 My best attempt at getting rid of loose skin was scheduling plastics for November :) there's no magical treatment for loose skin - the reality is that most of us will have some. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

jacreasy
on 7/19/12 3:19 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 acbbrown if you don't mind me asking what plastics are you having done and how much is it costing?  DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A SITE OR SOMETHING/SOMEONE THAT DOES GRANTS OR SOME KIND OF MONEY HELP WITH PLASTICS??

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

MuttLover
on 7/19/12 2:51 am
VSG on 11/14/12
Depending on your insurance plan, you might not be eligible for surgery until after Sept.  I also have a cruise planned in Sept. -- but I won't be done with my pre-surg stuff required by the insurance company until Oct.  But even if I was, I don't think I'd want to be immediately post surgery or presurgery on a cruise.  Presurgery because of the diet restrictions (and concern about being tired and not feeling like doing my excursions) and post surgery because I'd be concerned about complications when I'm out of the country. 

Best of luck!
emelar
on 7/19/12 2:52 am - TX
What acbbrown said.  The things that determine how much loose skin you have are age, genetics, and how long you've been overweight.  Once skin has been stretched out for too far, too long, it won't bounce back.  You can lift weights to improve your muscle tone to give your skin something to drape over, but there's no cream or wrap that will fix it. 
rhearob
on 7/19/12 7:25 am - TN
None of the above.  You loose a lot of weight rapidly and you will have loose skin.  You may have a little or alot, but you will have it.  How much really depends on your genetics, how long you have been overweight, and where you cacrried your weight.

Save your money on cremes and exercises targeting loose sking.  Its all BS.

What you can do is exercise for muscle tone.  This well help you have more muscle to burn more fat and may help areas look better by replacing fat with muscle.  In the end the only thing that will help it permanently is plastics.  Go ahead and start saving up 10 to 20k for plastics.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

myveryownjet
on 7/19/12 8:53 am - LA
Okie dokie!   Got it...no magic creme, wrap or exercise!  Save up for surgeries!  And pre-surgery cruise would be best...  Thanks y'all!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 109 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 335 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 385 views