Interesting - I made a list of why I want to lose weight

Kris R.
on 7/24/12 3:30 am - Walworth, NY
OK, so I made a list of why I want to lose weight.  It took me all of 5 minutes and I have 30 items on it.  So, why am I even doubting if this surgery is right for me?  Get on the stick, drop those 20 pounds, schedule your surgery and start checking items off your list.  (That is my sub-conscious talking to my "real self").  Now my real self is saying - Yes start now!!! not tomorrow, not on Monday (next Monday), start now. 
I don't remember who said it - but I do like the phrase:   Failing to Plan, then Plan to Fail.    I will do that this week.  I will plan all my meals and snacks and I will follow that plan.
Thanks all for listening.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

acbbrown
on 7/24/12 3:38 am - Granada Hills, CA
Great attitude!!! There's no reason to delay working on your goals and working towards a healthier you.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Wiasbeck
on 7/24/12 3:39 am - NV
You can do this! I am a list person too. I listed my reasons for surgery. I have a list of things I want to do. I have a list for everything. Make a plan and you will get there. This forum has helped me a lot. I hope you find the help you need here too. Keep us posted.
Pre-op -7.8, M1 -21.4, M2 -18.4, M3 -?

m      
TSinNC
on 7/24/12 4:16 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Yes! You can do it!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

MuttLover
on 7/24/12 4:24 am
VSG on 11/14/12
Love it -- I went for my psych eval today -- which is earlier in the process than normal because of the scheduling stuff -- but anyway... I had MANY lists!  When she asked about whether or not I understood what I needed to do to be success, I pulled them out.  I'd done them in excel -- there was a list of foods I like, foods I don't like, food I could eat if I had too and trigger foods -- so I could use them in food planning.  Then there was a list of why I had failed before, what had to change and why VSG instead of RNY.

She just laughed and agreed that I had indeed been "obessing" about this!  I call it planning and analysis! 

You are not alone!  Good luck!
Kris R.
on 7/24/12 4:33 am - Walworth, NY
I love that idea - excel, then i'll have them all in one place and i can sort and check them off.  My NUT visit isn't until 09/04. Perfect.  Thanks

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

Most Active