5 month update :) with one pic

Feystorm
on 8/17/12 8:54 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
Just a quick update on my 5 months.  It was actually the 14th - but I am never good at making these posts on time.  I have been incredibly busy this week.   (for those who are wondering, my son's surgery this morning went incredibly well.  He is home resting, but will have massive therapy in his future for his knee.)

I am down 80lbs in 5 months.  I have gone from a size 20 (possibly larger) to a size 8.  I am pretty sure that I am sneaky close to a size 6.  I have lost a shoe size, if not more depending on the brand.  I am also soooo close to a normal BMI that I can taste it.

I follow the high protein/low carb diet.  I can sometimes be a little strict.  Most of the time I stay under 25 carbs (this is up from 20 when I started).  I still have one protein shake a day, my favorite blended Mocha Mint Iced Coffee.  

Due to my busy schedule this week, I don't have any pics - but here's one from the drag show I went to last weekend :D  Ignore the hair - I still hate it.  

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

acbbrown
on 8/17/12 9:03 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Wow looks a lot like the drag show I went to last week :)   I ammm sooo glad Ive met you - you are kicking some serious butt!!!    I forsee a goal post very very soon from you. 

Thanks for the update on your son - glad to hear everything went well! You will be missed tomorrow. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Shagdoll
on 8/17/12 2:12 pm, edited 8/17/12 2:51 pm
Looks a lot like the drag show I was at also. Dang that was so much fun!!!!

You are too cute for words Angi. I love your smile!
I could learn a thing or 2 or 3 from you. Thanks for inspiring me get my ass back on track.  Luv you for that.

Glad to hear about your son's successful surgery. I hope he continues to have a smooth recovery.

Keep rocking' that sleeve gurl. You look fantastic!!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Feystorm
on 8/18/12 12:57 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Allyson & Jenn - I know one of you took the pic, just couldn't remember which one.  lol.  Thank you both for becoming my friends outside of OH.  You are both so inspirational, and such beautiful women.  
Can't wait to have us all be at goal and celebrating each success.  I think we need more drag show dates.  lol

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

loverofcats
on 8/17/12 9:41 pm, edited 8/17/12 2:57 am
Congratulations!!! You have done so well and are getting very, very close to your goal. I remember, when I was, where you are at now. Losing a shoe size is amazing. I started wearing two pairs of socks with some of my shoes, because I didn't want to give them up. Keep up the great work!!

Glad to hear that your son made it through surgery succesfully.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Feystorm
on 8/18/12 12:58 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Thank you!  I am shocked that I am so close to goal :)  Kinda scary, honestly. lol

Greg M.
on 8/18/12 4:04 am - Cincinnati, OH
You look great and so happy.  It seems that everyone has that sparkle in their eyes because of their new lease on life.  Congratulations!

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

Feystorm
on 8/18/12 12:59 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 We have the same start weight it looks like!  And I am happier (tho I like to think I was pretty happy living out here before that).  lol.  But yes, the weight being gone is quite a relief.  My life keeps improving. 

Italian-Princess
on 8/18/12 5:16 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Just too darned CUTE!!!  You look great..........such a little itty bitty!  Congratulations on all your progress.

Sending healing thoughts for a good recovery for your son.

Ree
Feystorm
on 8/18/12 1:04 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Thank you for the healing thoughts on my son.  He's 16, and just had his kneecap surgerically repaired, as well as some massive cartilage damage.  Today he is feeling it (the local block wore off at about 3am last night).  He has some pain meds and is tolerating his exercise quite well.  But he can use all the positive vibes, thoughts and prayers (for those who believe) that he can get.  

LOL at "itty bitty".  My nickname all my life was "Dinky" (my mom named me that) and in college I was called "Tiny".  I finally feel like I am living up to those names again in more than just height.  lol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views