15 days post op and already hit a plateau...so frustrated!

Milka_M
on 8/21/12 12:25 pm - Bronx, NY

I am 15 days out and have lost 10 pounds but I seem to be stuck there for a week now.  It is so frustrating not to see the number on the scale move, I started at 219 and am at 209.  I saw my doctor yesterday and she said that it is not common to lose a lot of weight only two weeks out and that I might not see anything big for maybe 5 weeks (I hope that is not the case). 

Has anyone else experienced this so early on?

Jewelz13
on 8/21/12 12:30 pm - TX
Same thing is happening to me!! Ugh!! I am just working on getting protein in and my water. We are eating like birds there is no way we wont lose weight.

acbbrown
on 8/21/12 12:31 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Almost all of us experience that. You see a big drop initially and then a little catch up period - a stall. Very very common.

I'm probably going to sound rude and/or insensitive, but stay off the scale. Your focus right now should be healing/recovering and starting your new life. You are way too early to be starting the scale obsession. The weight didn't come on over night, it wont come off over night. You are in for a long journey and the scale is never going to do what we think it should. Save your energy for something more productive - don't stress about it now! Make sure you have a solid plan that you know will get you the results you want, have some faith and follow the plan.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

LadydeeNJ
on 8/21/12 12:33 pm - NJ
VSG on 08/13/12
10 lbs in 15 days is pretty good when you think how long it would take u on WW (at least 5 weeks on a good pace). i can understand how u feel but we have forever. just follow the surgeons plan and keep going forward. im sure soon your gonna weigh yourself and see fabulous results!!
Milka_M
on 8/21/12 12:40 pm - Bronx, NY
Thanks guys! my mom tells me the same thing to stay off the scale and that I am doing well so far. I guess I still have that fear of " yet one more thing I've tried that wont work".  I'll relax and let my body to its thing.  Its true we are eating like birds so how can we not lose weight.
UBi FIT
on 8/21/12 12:51 pm
VSG on 08/06/12
 I too lost 12 pounds in 12 days then nothing for a week and today I lost a pound. It's very normal. 
Milka_M
on 8/21/12 12:42 pm - Bronx, NY
you know you are right, thanks LadyDee!
TSinNC
on 8/21/12 12:53 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
Keep on plan and the weight will come off. Avoid the daily weigh-ins and focus on healing. You will make yourself crazy worrying about the numbers! Don't stress- you got this!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

chiefsgirl3
on 8/21/12 1:00 pm - IL
VSG on 06/05/12
 I did the same exact thing!  Just keep on your diet and it will break!  Mine was only 5 days!

LindaDarnell B.
on 8/21/12 2:31 pm
VSG on 08/07/12
 You're part of "club stall" with me , lol!  I've been bummed about it, but I'm reading that many VSGers have gone through it, and it's all normal. So hopefully the drought will be over soon for all of us 

~Regena from SC: /Surgery Weight 317/Highest Weight 321

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 163 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 439 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views