losing TOO quickly? 11 months out

jessicae
on 9/1/12 6:33 am
 so my weight loss really had slowed down quite a bit for the past several months- could be 2 pounds loss 1 month and 4 pound loss the next.  well, the past 2 weeks i've lost 4 pounds.  

huh?!!!!!  

is this something i should be concerned about?  i don't really track calories, just eat at scheduled times and usually eat the same things.  i have been exercising (running) for the past 6 months so nothing new has changed.  i'm down to 166 and BMI-wise still have 30 pounds to lose but am hoping to get down to 145 at my maintenance level.  

any advice from vets? 

Thanks!

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

frisco
on 9/1/12 6:42 am

Probably gonna have to tighten up......

Most have to really work for the last weight.....

Got to get a little more formal about it....... Really dial it in......

Gonna need to know whats up for maintenance.......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

jessicae
on 9/1/12 7:16 am
 thank you frisco- will need to start officially tracking calories.  also see my surgeon for my year visit in 2 weeks so will talk to the nutritionist.  

appreciate the advice!

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

moonglo82
on 9/1/12 7:25 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Yep... I agree with Frisco 100%. Time to tighten up and keep a closer eye on what you're eating.

BTW, your title mentions losing too quickly. IMHO, 4 pounds in two weeks is not necessarily too quickly. I know you're at a lower weight now, so that might be more than the figure I was always taught was healthy (before I even considered surgery) of about 1% a week, but that doesn't factor in other variables, like water weight, bowel habits, and other issues... maybe your body just decided it was time to drop down a few pounds.

As long as you're staying on plan and getting in your water and exercise, I wouldn't be too concerned about there being a problem with losing too much in one week here or there. In fact, you may find that you lose more each week for a few weeks by tightening up... as long as you're not sick and not starving yourself, you're probably just fine.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

jessicae
on 9/1/12 9:02 am
 thanks!  the 4 pounds in 2 weeks was alot for me since i've been going sooooooo slowly lately.  so for me i was nervous something was wrong.  lol.  lose too slow= me worrying.  lose too fast= me worrying. :) 

jennygalthin n
on 9/1/12 7:35 am
At one point I thought I was losing too slow now I feel like its too fast I'm sticking wit my plan my concern is that I look thin not I'm hovering at 199 my goal is 155

Crabadams72
on 9/1/12 7:49 am - Silver Spring, MD
Track like others said. I was a stair step loser so I would lose 5-7 pounds one week every month. The following week I would lose 2 pounds and the rest of the month nothing. I also did not struggle to get to goal. It seems like things slowed around month 7 and picked back up. No rhyme or reason but there was some stressful stuff going on and I think it made me eat less.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

slimpickins5280
on 9/1/12 8:30 am - CO

My 1 yr is a couple of weeks after yours and I understand what you are worried about.

The last 20-ish pounds are trying to kick my butt.

I saw my PCP and asked him what I could do. Told him everything I was already doing.

He said that I needed more cardio. I need to add in a couple miles of walking or 20-30 on the eliptical to my normal exercise. He also said watch out for the carb creep.

I was stalled out and protein bars had found their way back into my life via my summer road trip vacation with my parents and kids all in the same vehicle for 2 weeks. Stress. But fun stress.

I decarbed with the 5-day pouch test which I don't suggest for everyone. but, for me it did help reset my carbs and the protein bars are now gone, gone.

Frisco is very right, as per the usual, you have to hunker down and fight hard for the last few pounds.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

happyteacher
on 9/1/12 9:03 am
 That really doesn't seem to fast to me.  Like the others before me, track and chat with your team. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

jessicae
on 9/1/12 9:04 am
 thanks everyone... i've taken my new stomach size for granted and it was nice to be reminded that i am still the one in charge (with my stomach's help).  will start the tracking journal up again. :) 

Most Active