My husband has sent me back into "freak" mode

Ladybug C.
on 9/20/12 3:52 pm
VSG on 10/11/12
So I have been fighting back and forth with the insurance company since January and finally got an approval in August. After getting that approval I began to freak out with all the "what if's" well I just told myself this is a tool that I need and the start to a healthy me. My husband was not in total agreement with me having this done but said he would support me and have even taken vacation to be home with me. Well today during talks he told me hes afraid and does not want to bury his wife. OMG!!!!that broke my heart because I was already afraid of going under for that same reason....I was looking for him to be my back bone and keep me positive. He likes me fat, but I dont like me fat and hurting and in pain. So now after talking to myself the last 3 weeks and after starting to feel good as I am 2 1/2 weeks pre-op I feel like I am not back at square one. I know I cant miss this date though.

Helppppp!
Grantus
on 9/20/12 4:04 pm
Ask you husband if he wants to bury you 20 years earlier than you might live if you had the surgery. That will give him something to think about.

Deaths from VSG are pretty rare.

Ladybug C.
on 9/20/12 4:43 pm
VSG on 10/11/12
You know what you are right....I am going to ask him that for sure. Thanks for your thoughts
acbbrown
on 9/20/12 4:11 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Death rates from surgery these days are very low....maybe ask your surgeon how many patients he's lost (and %, if if's even anyone...) and then just tell yourself you aren't special enough to be the RARE exception :-p

But comparatively speaking - yes, he can worry - but is he prepared to watch you suffer through upcoming serious medical complications your obesity may bring on?

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Ladybug C.
on 9/20/12 4:40 pm
VSG on 10/11/12
You are right....Im not that special
stephintexas
on 9/20/12 4:20 pm
Ahhh man, I was expecting a whole different version of the term "freak" here. Bummer! lol

Ladybug C.
on 9/20/12 4:37 pm
VSG on 10/11/12
lol
Feystorm
on 9/20/12 4:49 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Man, I was totally right there with you Steph!! lol

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Sara R.
on 9/20/12 4:22 pm
Remember to breath! Every body has a little piece of themselves that are fearful of dying during surgery. It is very rare and your surgeons job is to decide whether or not you are a safe candidate for this major surgery. He does not want a bad record, he does not want to lose a patient or have to explain to a husband or family that he did not do his job. He wants you to safely recover from surgery, he wants to see you succeed in losing weight. Its hard for husbands sometimes to admit that they are scared. I think you should be grateful that he is able to be open and honest with you. I know its hard to accept that he is scared for you but realisticly you are probably going to be fine. There are severe complications of this surgery but a majority of us come out just fine. :)

Good luck

Ladybug C.
on 9/20/12 4:36 pm
VSG on 10/11/12
Thank you....I know I will be fine and my surgeon has an excellent record. My husband has the right to be afraid so was I but I know what God has for me is for me. There are complications associated with getting a tooth pulled so I know there are risked in everything....Thank you so much for your helpful thoughts.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views