Infection

Melanie D.
on 9/24/12 9:31 am
 Surgery was sept 6th and I didn't have pain or anything until this past Friday. One of my incisions started to hurt and opened up so I went to the dr. He said it was a very small infection and gave me an antibiotic. Woke up Saturday morning shaking with chills a 102 fever and the infection and rash spread to the incision next to it. So I ha a ct scan and it showed a large pus pocket so I had to have my wounds reopened an drained and packed. Been here for 2 days and they said they are thinking a couple more days. They are thinking staph but are waiting for cultures to come back. I'm beat and wanting to go home but don't want to pass anything to my son either so I know I need to stay here until they make sure it isn't mrsa or contagious!! 
Daisy_Rose
on 9/24/12 9:33 am
 So sorry!  Will send up prayers and good wishes for a speedy recovery!!

stephanieplum
on 9/24/12 9:36 am
VSG on 06/27/12
I'm so sorry!!!  Hoping you go home soon!

Amy 2bhealthy
on 9/24/12 2:39 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Very sorry to hear this!! Hope you get news quickly and they are able to treat this super quick! 

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

valentinoAB
on 9/24/12 3:01 am
 are you in the same hospital where they performed your sleeve surgery?  Poor thing.... im glad you were so diligent !!!!you get better!!!keep us posted!

Melanie D.
on 9/24/12 3:11 am
 I went to my local hospital and they sent me to the one I had my surgery at which is about 2 hours away from home so I'm missing my little guy!!!
valentinoAB
on 9/24/12 3:56 am
 Well I understand... your little guy is a fricken cutie pie and a half!!
.... Stay positive... You got this.... I'm sending good happy vibes to your son
and happy fast healing vibes to you... Where are you at iI this beautiful country ?
I am in the Virginia area and was supposed to be on an airplane to Arizona to start my two week pre-op this morning at 7 AM ...,I woke up with an  eye infection and ended up missing my flight so now I'm going to go tomorrow and hopefully will make that flight!!!

Let those nurses spoil you:)

ShannonPAC
on 9/24/12 4:56 am - MI
You poor thing. I am so sorry you're going through this. I didn't have complications with my sleeve surgery, but after my last c-section, I developed sepsis and had to be hospitalized after having been home only 3 days. I didn't get to see my kids for 6 days, so I certainly understand. It is so hard. But you can do this. The important this is to rest, rest, rest. Your body has to heal.

Hugs,
Shannon
Shannon (mommy to a 4 year old and 6 month old)
Sleeved May 2009 and haven't used my tool properly.

It's taken me awhile to get back here, but I'm back and ready to commit.
kristen D.
on 9/24/12 3:01 am - Middletown, NY
VSG on 09/25/12
i'm sorry you're not feeling well!! wishing things clear up for you very quickly! 

Feystorm
on 9/24/12 3:14 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Oh no!  I am sorry this is happening to you.  I hope that you recover quickly.  

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views