Panic Mode

Ladybug C.
on 10/1/12 9:51 pm
VSG on 10/11/12
So here I am in "PANIC MODE" again.....surgery is in 9 days and I keep having second thoughts...I walk pass the mirror and I go..."I look ok..should I really do this?" Than I start thinking I'm going to fail at this and make myself sick....I also keep thinking that this wont work for me...than I start thinking that this is mind over matter and I will succeed....but yet I cant seem to get myself to stop drinking while I eat...Somehow I know with the restriction of the sleeve and too many mistakes (if any) I will soon learn to get it right.....why am I freaking out? So many mixed emotions and thoughts running thru my head Im all confused...I am a strong person and I do what needs to be done when I know I must...Im even having food funerals...I love CAKE! My mind keeps telling me NO MORE CAKE!!! Its really a sad thought......HELLLPPPPP!!!
Teresa J.
on 10/1/12 10:12 pm - McKinney, TX
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Take a deep breath and relax.  I will be 2 months out on 10/6 and was scared to death all the way up to being wheeled into the OR.  I had the band back in 2007 and FAILED!!  I then decided I was tired of being fat and unhappy.  I too morned the foods that I thought I would never be able to eat again.  I can eat anything I want to (just in smaller portions) but I choose to make protein a priority and carbs secondary.  Once you see the scale moving down you will be motivated to do what is right to get this weight off.  The first 2 weeks were really hard (for me) but everyones experience is different.  I personally am glad that I did not chicken out and had the surgery when I did.  I am feeling fantastic and am almost 1/2 way to goal already.  Best of luck in your journey and visit OH often.  There is a lot of great information to be found here.

PS.  You CAN still have your cake, just not as much and not right away.  You may be surprised, you might not want it or crave it after you have the surgery.

Teresa

Sarah W.
on 10/1/12 10:25 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 09/27/12
I cried into and out of the or. I know what you're going through.

Yesterday I realized I finally felt like I was in control of my food choices for the first time in many years. I don't know how to explain it because i used to be obsessed with food and now i dont even want cake (but the world according to egg face blog has some pretty nice protein cake recipes when I do).

You don't have to be perfect preop or post op. you do owe it to yourself to be aware of your choices and in control of your choices. So far, that is what the vsg has given to me and I'm just a new newbie.

Sarah 5'3" VSG 9/27/12 KC Bariatric Center. Find me on MFP! Sarah829522.  

karynh
on 10/1/12 10:52 pm - Tampico, IL
VSG on 09/26/12
you will be fine we are all here to help you through.
Dstc_99
on 10/1/12 11:21 pm - WA
VSG on 08/13/12

I agree take a deep breathe! After that just know that you can do this.

in2riden
on 10/2/12 3:39 am
VSG on 09/21/12
fear_of_grace
on 10/2/12 3:58 am - TN
VSG on 10/08/12
 I definitely know what you are going through! I'm having surgery in 6 days and the nerves are here! 
I agree with the above poster who said don't focus on being "perfect", just do the best you can.  I haven't practiced too much trying to eat without drinking, but I think after being on liquids for so long we are "resetting" our eating habits anyway.

Month 1: -27 lbs Month 2:  -9 lbs Month 3: -11 lbs Month 4:-10 lbs Month 5: -8 lbs

Month 6: -8 lbs Month 7: -5 lbs Month 8: -9 lbs  Month 9: -2 lbs Month 10:

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/2/12 4:08 am
VSG on 10/09/12
My surgery is a week today and I have been in panic mode for a year now!!!! Some days more, some days less. I hope to get it out of my system and be zen on the day of surgery and especially after. Hope everything goes well for you! See you on the loser's bench!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Ladybug C.
on 10/3/12 10:06 pm
VSG on 10/11/12
Thank you all for the encouraging words...I will keep them all in mind...I'm learning this is definitely a mind over matter type of walk and I'm ready to strut my stuff

Looking forward to the new ME!       
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views