Meals for family but me?

nmcmanus66
on 10/23/12 11:54 am - CA
 So I am sure many of you have been faced with this issue. How do I still 
Prepare meals for them but stay within my new eating (pre op) plan? 
I can have 6oz of protein and leafy greens and that's it. Any advice for pre op / post op
Would really be appreciated
frisco
on 10/23/12 12:12 pm

Eat 6oz of protein and leafy greens........pretty simple

Gotta do what ya gotta do.... even if it means making yourself a piece of chicken while your family is eating pasta.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

mauigirl2
on 10/23/12 4:00 pm - kihei, HI
"Like" button just pushed!

Julie L.
on 10/23/12 12:25 pm - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 11/08/12
Make a protein for the family.   Make your side of leafy greans,  make a side of rice and veggies or whatever for them.

slimpickins5280
on 10/23/12 12:32 pm - CO
Are your kids old enough to start learning how to cook? Might be time to have them learn how to cook their own pasta.

I have a major carb kid (we call her a cabivore). She's a tiny little thing, so it works for her. But, I had to start teaching her how to make her own stuff so that i wouldn't have to "test" the food.

Just a suggestion.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

hmtaylor76
on 10/23/12 12:47 pm
VSG on 06/25/12
Get creative!  I swore that I wouldn't prepare seperate meals (other than liquid diet) for my family, I still haven't.  I make a protein, vege and then sometimes a starch for them.  I use my crockpot all the time and my family and I vote whether it is a recipe worth keeping or not.  Most of them we love, but there have been a couple that really suck!!!  It is easier then you think.  Good luck, just don't be a short order cook.

Heather

Heather    

hollirrose
on 10/23/12 9:45 pm
VSG on 04/21/12
Post op I cook the same things I did pre op. All of out meals are meat, veggie, starch. Nothing has changed post op after I was cleared for "real" food . I just dont eat the starch. All of the veggies I cook are low carb (califlower, green beans, broccoli). We had tacos last night for dinner. I had tacos too...just no tortillia or taco shell. Nothing has really changed for anyone around my house. I stay at my 600 calories/60 + prot/- 20 carbs no matter what we have. When you are on liquid and musshy you will probally have to make two meals but that is just for a short time. Good luck!
Jenfur
on 10/23/12 10:13 pm
VSG on 06/25/12
Most of the time I just eat the protein portion of whatever they are having.  If it's something like pasta or that doesn't have a main protein I will do a ricotta bake or make eggs or something simple but that is rare.

reneemosley
on 10/24/12 2:13 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12
Yup I too just eat whatever protein made for the family. I always keep preparred salad and spinich to add to my own plate for ease. I agree invlove the family in cooking.

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views