How do you do it . . . .

Saukratees
on 10/29/12 11:49 am - GA
VSG on 11/14/12

Eat three meals a day, and stay under 20 grams of Carbs?

I am into my final 2 - 3 weeks before surgery, and of course, I am trying to shrink my liver. . .

Any advice / recommendation(s) are welcome!

Ken

panda45
on 10/29/12 12:21 pm
Two weeks before my surgery I did two protein shakes. slim fast high protein with skim milk. had a snack of a small fruit and a salad with nothing but veggies and 6 oz of chicken for dinner. Oh, with fat free dressing. It was difficult in the beginning but got easier. Good luck!
saraw79
on 10/29/12 12:24 pm - MI
VSG on 05/07/12

I would say the premier shakes 2 a day and maybe some eggs or cheese... Lean meats..

Pre op diet 224
Surgery day 212
month 1 to 2 i lost 9.6 pounds
month 2 to 3 i lost 7 pounds
month 3 to 4 i lost 6.2

utahrob
on 10/29/12 1:00 pm

Don't worry too much about the pre surgery diet. Your surgery will be a success and everything will change in your diet after that.

Best of luck,

Utahrob

acbbrown
on 10/29/12 1:04 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Changes aren't just going to happen....someone has to be the one to make the change. Sounds like this person is seeking advice

diane S.
on 10/29/12 2:00 pm

lean meat, eggs , veggies and frankly more like under 40 g carbs. i lost 17 lbs pre op and my liver was still lardy. but i got to goal and beyond. you will too. hang in there. diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

pcannedy
on 10/29/12 3:01 pm - Sacramento, CA

I did Sara Lee Delightful Low Carb bread, one egg for breakfast with coffee; lunch spinach salad with four ounces grilled chicken, and Paul Newman Asian LF dressing, LF Yogurt for snack with WW string cheese, Dinner, meat, veggies, and fruit.  Snack, String cheese. 

Plenty of water, zero water, ice tea, diet coke, sf popslice, diet jello, and some peanut butter if sugar is an issue.

You can do it, I like EAS shakes, the chocolate fudge.  They are the best already prepared at Walmart or Sam's.

good luck, you can make it.

reneemosley
on 10/29/12 3:39 pm - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

I ate meat and veggies and saved my carbs for coffee......like milk or cream. That was my plan and my liver was in great shape. Helps train for the after plan. Its hard but gets easier as you go.

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

slatond
on 10/29/12 10:54 pm

My plan recommended Atkins phase 1 (induction phase).. You can look it up on line for details of foods acceptable during that phase. I lost 18lbs pre-op. Also it curbs hunger / and sugar phase after the inital "detox.".  Obviously it is low carb- basically meat and green veggies.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views