The Golden Year

Greg M.
on 12/9/12 2:14 am, edited 12/9/12 2:37 am - Cincinnati, OH

My one year sleeve anniversary is December 22.  With only 12 days to go, it doesn't look like I'm going to reach my goal weight.  While I'm disappointed by this, I'm thrilled with my progress and just how good I feel most every day.  My diabetes is under control, and my cholesterol and triglycerides are in the normal range.  I can exercise without pain and my energy level has substantially improved.

Dr. Curry told me that the first year is the Golden Year, and that I should strive to reach my goal weight by my first anniversary.  And you know what, he was right!  For me, it gets tougher to comply with the basic guidelines that got me the success that I've achieved so far.  Old habits die hard, but I encourage myself and anyone else that is struggling not to give up.  Track your food, drink water, keep your carbs low, eat small frequent meals, stay away from prepared foods, eat fresh and exercise.

Every time I stick to the program, I lose weight and feel great.  Every time that I stray, I gain weight and feel crappy.  For me tracking my intake on myfitnesspal.com is my #1 tool.  It's by far the most effective tool.  So if you're a veteran and struggling, hang tough and don't give up.  Your stomach is still small, your tool will still work for you so use it to the best of your ability!

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

acbbrown
on 12/9/12 2:20 am - Granada Hills, CA

Congrats on a great year so far. The nice thing about the sleeve is your "Golden Year" can be as long as you want so keep rocking your sleeve. Hope to see a goal post soon!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Greg M.
on 12/9/12 2:44 am - Cincinnati, OH

Congratulation on your tremendous success and thanks for the encouraging words!  I'm sticking with it and trying hard. 

dot4you
on 12/9/12 2:40 am - CA

Thanks so much for the reminder!! This is exactly what I needed to read today! At 5 years out everything you said still holds true! It doesn't change. Stay focused because the old ways try to come back...

Wishing you the very best on your journey!!

Greg M.
on 12/9/12 2:49 am - Cincinnati, OH

Thanks for your well wishes and congratulations on your success.  The last jump start that I had, I went back to liquids for just two days and it made a huge difference with the way my stomach felt with just a small amount of food.  The other thing that I do that hinders my progress is waiting too long to eat.  When I do eat, I'm so hungry that a small meal just doesn't satisfy me.  Frequent, small meals works better for me.

Recommit yourself, use whatever strategy works best for you and stick to it.

Best of luck to you!

Greg

AmberK
on 12/9/12 3:44 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

Hi Greg! You have done wonderful! Don't give up, you still have some time to get as close to goal as possible. I have three months till one year and I want to loose 30 more. WE can do this! It's hard to stay focused during this time of year. Good luck to you! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Greg M.
on 12/9/12 4:09 am - Cincinnati, OH

Hi Amber,

Wow, you look so good I didn't even recognize you at first.  Way to go.  Glad to see that you're still at it...outstanding!  Wishing you all the best for your personal goals and thanks for your well wishes.

Greg

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views