Seasoned sleevers

mokee
on 1/7/13 7:52 am - OH
Is there ever going to be a day I can eat a meat, veg, and a starch at a meal?

I researched the sleeve for many months and still did not realize it was the Atkins diet with a lot less food.

I will be 6 weeks post op this week. I go to the dr and will be released to all food. I want a salad and a piece I apple to name a few.

Any suggestions.
acbbrown
on 1/7/13 7:56 am - Granada Hills, CA

Yes and that will be the same day you freak out thinking you stretched your sleeve after reading on OH that people still eat 2oz at 3 years out. 

Just give it time - you'll eventually be able to eat more. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

tripmom02
on 1/7/13 8:09 am - NJ
Hahaha TRUTH!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

emelar
on 1/7/13 7:59 am - TX

Seconding what Allison said.

For the first six months, stick to your focus on protein.  Everything else will follow.  You will eat salad and veggies again!  You will have fruit!  You can even squeeze some potato, rice, or spaghetti in if you want!  Just not today......

slimpickins5280
on 1/7/13 9:38 am - CO

My NUT's plan called from limited amounts of carb foods, like brown rice and whole grains and fruits. Unfortunately, I am very carbs sensitive I had to keep those types of food out of my daily life. They trigger bad eating for me.

But, even if I would have eaten those things. I would not have been allowed to start them until 2 months post op. My NUT was very concerned about eating things that might swell or get stuck in the new sleeve, so my diet was very limited for the first 2 months.

I strongly suggest that you stay very aware of what foods cause you to want to eat more (are triggers). If you choose to start including those foods in while you are in the losing phase, you need to monitor them, just like you would any other food you eat.

One of my best friends got the sleeve a year before me and was able to get 10 lbs below her goal weight by eating mostly protein and still eating small amounts of most other foods.

I am a big believer in figuring out what works best for you and then sticking to it.

Good luck.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

happyteacher
on 1/7/13 10:21 am

Oh, yes for sure.  I eat a smallish sized regular dinner portion now. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Pura Vida
on 1/8/13 12:44 am - Costa Rica

Work this phase of your journey, be thankful that you have that restriction. I am in maintenance, 4 years out and I can eat a small Subway sandwich, with fixings, so yes, one day you will be able to eat a "normal" portion, just not right now. 

Save the carbs for after you hit goal.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views