Can a person live on shakes alone??

larjon67
on 5/21/13 12:50 pm

I have been thinking about going back to basics----almost like before surgery where I just have protein shakes for all meals.  Has anyone done this and if so for how long?  I kind of need to "reset" my body and mind!

Laura    

HW:  318  SW:  271

acbbrown
on 5/21/13 1:00 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I do it for a couple weeks at a time. It's not great for overall nutrition, but you can do it. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

rissa1224
on 5/22/13 2:05 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Any suggestions on yummy ones? I am stuck at finding anything besides Primere protein chocolate. Its sooooooooooooo boring to me. Unjury has a gross taste that makes me gag when I smell it- even when I mix it with other things. I am slacking sooo much on my protein because shakes help but I dont want to drink more than 1 PP a day =(

Manderley
on 5/21/13 1:48 pm - New Port Richey, FL

I have been on Optifast in the past for weight loss; the longest was probably about 4 months. I remember then it was powdered, not in the little "juice box" thingies, so you could make it in the blender with lots of ice and it was huge and filling. If I remember correctly, I ingested five packets a day, but i don't remember what the complete caloric intake was, maybe 500/day, i'm not sure. I was under a doc's supervision at the time, though. Another time I did Optifast and the doc allowed one salad a day in addition to the optifast. I don't think I lasted too long on that one. With me, it was all or nothing back in those days. 

HW: 402, Nov 2012, down 89 lbs.      VSG 6/18/13 

Crabadams72
on 5/21/13 8:28 pm - Silver Spring, MD
You can also try Greek Yougurt days. Get plain Greek yogurt and flavor it to your liking. I watch a vet AmySdmom on YouTube and she has a video on it (last spring I believe). I do it when I need to back away from sweets. I eat it 2-3x a day. I find it more satisfying than just shakes.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Deckeriv
on 5/21/13 8:53 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Yes is the short answer. You will have to take your vitamins to supplement some of the nutrition that you are missing, but four or five shakes a day can be done as sole intake.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

larjon67
on 5/22/13 11:39 am

Thanks!  I like the idea about mixing shakes and yogurt throughout the day.  I didn't even think about that one.  This forum is awesome!!!

Laura    

HW:  318  SW:  271

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views