TMI cross post - 3 years out and cannot be sick...

Auveca
on 2/17/16 10:10 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

Good morning OH!  It has been a long while since I have been on the boards.  But I know...if I have a questions...this is the place to be!  I am struggling with some kind of illness, GI upset.  This maybe the 2nd or 3rd time since my VSG, but I realize I have never been able to vomit when ill.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I don't mean the regurgitating when you ate too much, but the heave from you toenails when you feel like total deflated dog poo and nothing is going to make you feel better until you vomit you liver out your mouth so you roll around in pain and agony until it moves the other direction and the virus inflames your lower GI tract.  Does anyone else have this affliction?  I have always been a pretty good puker, quiet, quick, not a lot of heaving...just open and go.  Now when ill, all I want is that 30 minutes of feeling decent after a good hurl but I can't get there.  :P  yuck.

acbbrown
on 2/17/16 10:23 am - Granada Hills, CA

Hmmm. Thinking back the last few years, I don't think I've puked like that either but I have such a mental block and aversion to vomiting that I seem to avoid it. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/17/16 10:58 am

it is called dry heaving... it is horrible.. 

When I get that - I get warm water with bit of sale and drink it - let is come up -0 drink some more... It somehow makes it better when there is something my body can expel ...maybe it helps rinse some stuff out?  Normally a few sips and it will come back. Salt - only a pinch in a glass of water... warm..neither hot or cold... in my brain is working - I take a capsule of activated charcoal... charcoal can coat the stomach and absorb - neutralize some acid / toxins. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

hollykim
on 2/17/16 12:09 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 17, 2016 at 6:10 PM Pacific Time, Auveca wrote:

Good morning OH!  It has been a long while since I have been on the boards.  But I know...if I have a questions...this is the place to be!  I am struggling with some kind of illness, GI upset.  This maybe the 2nd or 3rd time since my VSG, but I realize I have never been able to vomit when ill.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I don't mean the regurgitating when you ate too much, but the heave from you toenails when you feel like total deflated dog poo and nothing is going to make you feel better until you vomit you liver out your mouth so you roll around in pain and agony until it moves the other direction and the virus inflames your lower GI tract.  Does anyone else have this affliction?  I have always been a pretty good puker, quiet, quick, not a lot of heaving...just open and go.  Now when ill, all I want is that 30 minutes of feeling decent after a good hurl but I can't get there.  :P  yuck.

I have had no trouble throwing up at all. 

psychoticparrot
on 2/17/16 1:08 pm

I've done my share of heaving since my surgery a year ago, both from post-surgery nausea and most recently, from a bout of food poisoning. Never had a problem with stuff not coming back up, but since I never have a large volume of food in my stomach, I never hurl with the intensity of my pre-surgery years. There just isn't very much to come back up.

Maybe you don't vomit because there's nothing in your stomach at the time to come back up. Might be worth mentioning to your surgeon, though.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

MAchick
on 2/17/16 2:55 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

I didn't think I could vomit until recently. I've had severe nausea that made me want to puke, and mouth salivation, but not vomiting. Then I was sick over the weekend with something and got violently ill. My body made me work for it though. It was terrible. 

happyteacher
on 2/17/16 4:41 pm

If you get something that truly triggers a projectile type experience, it will happen. Most vomiting that I have done over the last few years was not terribly productive. Some though- dang, results like I was possessed. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

SDenae
on 2/17/16 9:53 pm - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

Ya know, I think I may be in the same boat you are. I haven't had any stomach virus type illnesses since surgery, so I don't know if I can vomit in that situation or not. However, I have not vomited once since surgery. I have had instances where I ate too fast and was in pain and I just knew I was going to throw up - was actually hoping I would, but it never happened.

I have had a lot of the things happen to me that others say make them vomit, but I don't vomit. Not even when I want, need, plead, or pray for it. I just have to wait for the pain or discomfort to pass.

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views