Morning Torture

Rafa
on 4/13/16 7:26 am
VSG on 03/16/16

Hey guys, so i'm almost a month out of surgery now and a week ago my doctor told me to start a new diet plan with puree'd potatoes and cottage cheese, broken up tuna, etc.. So the thing is, anything I put into my stomach in the morning feels like a lead ball, it's insane! By mid-day it's a bit easier and by night time I can drink almost a third of a bottle of water in a couple minutes. 

Is this supposed to be this way? I'm hating mornings right now, my stomach is just not happy!

There is nothing we cannot accomplish with determination and willpower.

cappy11448
on 4/13/16 7:58 am

Most programs don't start solid foods until 4 to 6 weeks post op, so I'd suggest going back to liquids for a while and wait until your tummy is more receptive to the new foods.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Rafa
on 4/13/16 8:16 am
VSG on 03/16/16

Hi Carol, thanks for the response.

Even a sip of water is setting my stomach off in the morning at this point.

There is nothing we cannot accomplish with determination and willpower.

emelar
on 4/13/16 8:24 am - TX

Have a protein shake in the morning until your stomach is ready for food.  And keep the amount of food down to 1-1 1/2 oz.  Even though your doc has advanced you, your stomach may not have gotten the message!

krupkina
on 4/13/16 9:38 am

I am over a year out from surgery and still can't eat first thing in the morning.  Whenever I do, it just doesn't sit well.  So I make my breakfast a coffee protein shake each day.  This sits well, lets me take my vitamins, and also helps me meet my protein goal.  I don't eat real food until lunch time.  I'm drinking my shake each day at about 7:30 am and then eat lunch at 11:15 ( I'm a teacher so I eat when my students eat). 

acbbrown
on 4/13/16 10:08 am - Granada Hills, CA

You likely still have some swelling - take it easy. Only advance as your body tolerates it which may be slower than your team recommends. At 1 month I was barely eating  couple bites of puréed food and honestly it was mostly Greek yogurt and similar textures. Even cottage cheese was too dense for me. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

hollykim
on 4/13/16 10:18 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 13, 2016 at 2:26 PM Pacific Time, Rafa wrote:

Hey guys, so i'm almost a month out of surgery now and a week ago my doctor told me to start a new diet plan with puree'd potatoes and cottage cheese, broken up tuna, etc.. So the thing is, anything I put into my stomach in the morning feels like a lead ball, it's insane! By mid-day it's a bit easier and by night time I can drink almost a third of a bottle of water in a couple minutes. 

Is this supposed to be this way? I'm hating mornings right now, my stomach is just not happy!

it could be acid. Are you taking a PPI?

alouisa63
on 4/13/16 10:43 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

In the beginning  I could only tolerate warm liquids in the morning - a cup of tea.  I still don't do breakfast well.... it's a shake mid morning.

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/13/16 1:08 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

When I had my lapland it was picky like that.  In the morning you'd better put something warm down first or it'd revolt and make me sad lol.  I'd try something warm like some soup, coffee, warm milk, tea or whatever you like in the morning that is warm.  If warm doesn't do it, maybe there is something similar that you had preop that is similar you could try like yogurt, maybe a scrambled egg, some sting cheese or something like that?  

Now that I have a 4 week old VSG stomach I just try things and see.  I've been lucky and not found anything that has caused me more than some grumbling and weird noises.  I always go slow and try about 1oz at a time when it's a new food.  Maybe in the morning your having too much of something new and your stomach isn't having it.  Also maybe your now a brunch person :-)

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views