VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Maintenance Weigh I...

Maintenance Weigh In - Thursday, 12/08

Maintaining Cindy
on 12/7/11 4:55 pm, edited 12/7/11 7:20 pm
Surgery Date - June 12, 2009
Surgery Weight - 230 lbs
Goal Weight - 155 lbs
Preferred Range - 140 - 145 lbs
Today's Weight - 141.4 lbs

MikeyMike
on 12/7/11 7:13 pm - New York, NY
Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop in and say hi.

I jumped on the scale this morning and it read 190 even. Not happy with that as It's really below where I want to be. I've become one of those people that I used to hate. You know the ones that say they have to put on weight. Never thought I would say that but here I am. My desire to eat has totally evaporated. I've been concentrating on keeping my protein levels above 100g a day so that I can recover from the plastics. I've been doing that mostly with shakes. I guess I have to really start on boosting my calorie intake. The sad thing is I still have alot of swelling so my weight may drop even more once that goes down.

The good news is that I'm healing nicely and starting to appreciate the work the doctor did on me.   

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Maintaining Cindy
on 12/7/11 7:21 pm, edited 12/8/11 5:44 am
  Hi Mikey!!

Great to 'see' you back, or at least popping in.  I bet you are going to look fabulous.  If you find you are too thin when all is said and done, I am sure you can gain in a controlled fashion, just like you have maintained in a controlled fashion.  You'll be ok...

I cannot wait to see pics!!  I am so happy for you (and your sweet wife...), so exciting. 

Happy Healing my dear, 

Cindy

loverofcats
on 12/8/11 12:50 am
Mikey, Congratulations on your splendid recovery from plastics. The weight loss may be temporary and it always seems easier to gain. You can always add some healthy fats like avocado, nuts, 1% or 2% milk in your shakes, a banana in your shakes, etc. The protein shakes will help, so that you don't lose too much muscle mass.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

diane S.
on 12/8/11 2:40 am
Hey Mikey
So glad you got through the plastics without problems. Bet you are gonna love the results when all settles down. I am no expert as I have had none but it seems like everyone loses weight when they go through this. Did they weigh what they cut off? Bet thats part of it.

If you want to  put a little back on my advice is PEANUT BUTTER. I used it to stop losing. But I bet what you are dealing with is short term effects.  Congrats on getting this done.   Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

MikeyMike
on 12/8/11 2:42 am - New York, NY
Yes, they removed 5 pounds of skin. I'll try the peanut butter. 

Thanks 

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

loverofcats
on 12/8/11 2:51 am
That would explain some of the weight loss. Peanut butter sounds good.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Ms Shell
on 12/8/11 3:47 am - Hawthorne, CA
Don't forget you were like 195 before surgery right?  Once you level off you can SEE what's going on.  You might feel fabulous at your new weight =)  Kudos on healing...

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

LyndaCary
on 12/8/11 12:28 am - CA
119.2 today. Another new low for me.
Lynda

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.HW-276  ReferralW-258   Lost 22lbs pre surg   SW-236   CW-124.6

diane S.
on 12/8/11 2:41 am
Lynda you now are below me by .3 lbs. Congrats. Time to hit the almond butter!  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/