VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Frisco-Short on Com...

Frisco-Short on Commitment !!!

frisco
on 4/19/12 9:13 pm

I knew this Commitment thing was gonna bite me in the ass !!!

I've been the same size/weight for over a year and a half........and only had two pair of Jeans.....a couple pair of casuals and two mid priced suits.......

Was always washing one pair of Jeans and keeping the other ones fresh and low use......

(on a good note....I never had a pair of Jeans last more than a few months before I blew out the crotch from thigh rub)

I realized I'm not fully committed.....Still ingrained was/is not ever in my life being a stable weight. I've been burned to many times by buying expensive clothes when I had lost weight in the past.....only to retain that weight for about a week......

Jeans and fitted suits don't lie.......

Somewhere in my brain I'm thinking this is temporary........

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Mom4Jazz
on 4/19/12 11:34 pm
Isn't it odd how our brains work? We've all be up and down so many times before.

I think that's why folks (including me) get so easily freaked by stalls and such along the way...we've failed so many times before, somewhere in our brains we can't believe this time will be different.

Time for at least a couple more pair of jeans, though, Frisco. Splurge!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

inkslingerdiva
on 4/19/12 11:52 pm - Dumfries, VA
VSG on 01/22/11 with
Oh the "I think I'm weight stable so I'm buying clothes thing" haha, one pleasant thorn in my side. I thought I was weight-stable last summer at around 147 and now at 122.7, well let's say GoodWill certainly enjoys when  I clean out my closet...

Now I am not trying to buy a ton of clothes in case after plastics my size shifts dramatically from my current size of 4/6 to something much lower...
SW: 228Lbs. GW: 125Lbs. Goal in 14.5 Months CW: 122.7Lbs Down 105.3Lbs

LyndaCary
on 4/20/12 12:44 am - CA
frisco, Go buy more jeans!!!

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.HW-276  ReferralW-258   Lost 22lbs pre surg   SW-236   CW-124.6

Krazydoglady
on 4/20/12 12:54 am - FL

Short on commitment or suffering sticker shock?   I have been staring at my catalogs for weeks knowing I need to buy clothes but dreading it because, let's face it, $50 for a tshirt and $75 for a pair of jeans makes my head hurt. 

Last night, I was at Sam's Club, and I spotted Eddie Bauer capri's and henley T-shirts for $21 and $14, respectively.  They're $55/45 in the catalog. I bought 4 of the T-shirts and 2 pairs of capris for what I would have paid for 2 pairs of Capris. They only had down to size 6, but I'll see if I can shrink them down to a 4 if not a 2. 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Lee ~
on 4/20/12 3:43 am - CA
 I hear you Frisco!  I was wearing 14-16's from jr. High to high school. Always wore out the thighs. So freaking embarrassing.

When I got down to a 10 I thought it was a miracle.  After plastics I went shopping with PBJ and SuperNurse.  I was stunned to fit into a 6.  Bought 4 pairs and 2 pairs size 8 in a different style.  I wear them daily. No elastic waist except my yoga pants and sweats.  I hope they keep me grounded on wanting them to fit forever.  If they get uncomfortable (3 pounds hurts) I know it's back to protein veggies immediately.  

Go forth and buy outrageously well fitting jeans Frisco. 

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

frisco
on 4/20/12 5:49 am

I had Kohl's dollars to spend from prop and wardrobe buys for a job....and those Kohl's dollars expire....so I was kinda frantic looking at stuff and realized I was looking at everything I didn't need....
And thought..... "If you buy more Levis.....you won't have to wash the same pair all the time"

That's when I realized I had commitment issues...... Now I'll probably over compensate.....

frisco

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

ruggie
on 4/21/12 10:29 am - Sacramento, CA
You should go shopping with kairk and his partner - they taught me a lot about fashion and how to pick out clothes!  (Something I needed since my previous strategy was "what few things will even fit me").  But I think you work in the fashion area and don't need pointers?

Shop at Kohls.  First, you get new clothes.  Second, you can cater to that insane part of your brain, because you can return the clothes, even washed and worn, up to 1 year later.

I've been a cheap-ass ******* and have returned several pairs of jeans to get the next size down.  And then the next size.  And then the next size.... I guess I've kinda been renting them...

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

frisco
on 4/21/12 4:05 pm

Thanks Ruggs !!!

We will have your credit cards .....right?

Oh...... I know what I like now...... anything from Biker to Business except the Dockers/Alligator Shirt/Sweater around the neck......not that I don't like it....I just don't like it on me !!!!

It is another learning process.... I've dressed people for years, yet I didn't have a look....well, I did.....It was that Big Boy Store look that is so bad. I will never forget going into those stores as a matter of need with no enjoyment thinkng.......Really....that's there best shot? Let's get this done......

I now can take advantage of a perk I never could before..... I can snag wardrobe from jobs !!!! If I'm shopping it, I throw a few things in that I like or if a Stylist is shopping it they know my sizes and drum roll please.....I can often fit in model/actor sizes now!!!

frisco

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Elaine H.
on 4/21/12 4:22 pm
Ruggie what a great idea - could have saved a fortune
have bought 7 sizes of clothes now - going to Kohl's
Thanks!!
          VSG 3/21/11    HW 322  SW  298  CW  200 GW  175  5'7"    age 65