VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Finally changed my ...

Finally changed my goal weight

justeric78
on 7/5/12 9:05 pm - Houston, TX
I realized that I was waiting because I was not confident I could maintain it. Then I realized it could be another tool to help me stay in control. So silly the game our mind plays with us sometimes. 185 baby!

Mom4Jazz
on 7/5/12 9:50 pm

Woohoo! That's awesome.

I've never changed mine because I'm not sure I want to stay quite this thin. I just don't know what my "new" goal weight should be. We'll see how my body wants to settle once things redistribute.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

justeric78
on 7/5/12 10:39 pm - Houston, TX
I have a feeling once I start the weight training that I will go up, I plan on in fact going to 195. That is of course if the 15 lbs is a mix of lost fat and gained muscle. I am going this morning to my new doc. I found out this week that my insurance will cover plastic surgery if it is necessary. I am going to start that long process. My plastic surgeon said they have an awesome department that specializes in getting approvals. I am hoping to get these mud flaps lopped off. Even if I have to kick in myself I should save me a ton.

LASTLY, this morning during my 2.5 mile jog I ran the first mile NON STOP! I usually go about half that far but this morning it felt like a chamber of my lungs I never used before just opened up and I kept going the full mile. I am so proud of myself. It was my first big goal since I began running again. Woohoo!
bunnymom
on 7/5/12 11:49 pm
Congrats Eric on another milestone in your physical recovery! I too am trying to evaluate where my goal should be. I would like another 4 pounds off, but at this point, my main goal is to actually look healthy, not just weigh less. I want to have high color, good skin, rounded out face. I can see changes still all the time in the look of my face--I am waiting for that magical "redistribution" of fat back to the face and places that matter. Today I got up and even with the 1 pound weight gain yesterday I can see a decrease again in the size of my belly apron. I am so hoping I can avoid the tummy tuck. Will just keep plugging at it. Can you vets, after all these months, still see redistribution of fat to all the right places on your bodies?
Bunnymom            
diane S.
on 7/6/12 11:07 am
185 - good job.

One thing i do is set myself an OH goal every six months to not weigh more than 125. have completed that 3 times now. Its daunting to think about it for the rest of my life (hopefully 30 more years) but easy to think in 6 month increments.

You can do this. Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/