VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » an old(ish) lady ns...

an old(ish) lady nsv

diane S.
on 7/7/12 5:03 am
Ok we all know that getting smaller clothes is one of the great joys of this process.

A few days ago I was shopping for new pants and now I am looking in the single digit sizes (size 6) instead of the multiple X sizes.  But what I noticed this time was that all around me looking in the same size range were all these young very lovely young women who might be referred to as "hotties".  So it was me and the hotties shopping in the same rack of stuff. Made me feel good.

Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Donna B.
on 7/7/12 6:01 am
like this post Diane! ... really cute perspective

55 y.o.    5'4"      HW: 180's      CW: 127      Doctor's GW: 130           My GW:  117        

~ working on reaching goal again after regain            

Cricket2000
on 7/7/12 9:44 am - IN
 Diane,
Yes, ma'am you are a hottie and you should flaunt it!!!!  Tell those skinny girls to slide over.   There is room for one more skinny, hottie on this rack. :) 

I am a hottie too (an old hottie) and wearing size 2 or 4.  The problem is I am frugal too.  I like to buy some of my summer shorts at Costco.  They had these great shorts that had a little stretch, no iron and yet looked like you had ironed for under $10.  Bummer is that they don't carry a size 2 and there was only one size 4 in the entire stack.  I would have bought one in each color if they had had it.  All the rest were 10's, 12's and 14's.  Use to be Costco didn't carry my size because size 14 was their largest size. 

Oh well, smiling so big to have this problem.  

HW 200, surgery weight 190, Goal Weight 140, Current Weight 140, Height 5 foot 8 1/2
Sleeve Surgery by Aceves on Feb 10, 2011

diane S.
on 7/7/12 9:55 am
yep, i am cheap too. i was shopping at Ross' in the long row of small sizes. I get jeans at costco too but often cannot find a small enough size. got some at sears the other day and 6 was the smallest they had. and they are kind of baggy in the rear but i don't like them tight anyway as loose skin spreads out when i sit down.

went shopping at fancy stores a couple of months ago and couldn't find much of anything i wanted. too ridiculous. I am a jeans and t shirt person. But sure glad to be out of those big sizes. Don't you feel smug when you go up to purchase small sized things or have to ask for a smaller size when trying on?

diane

Cricket2000
on 7/7/12 10:52 am - IN
 Yes, I feel smug and loving every second of it  too!  

I didn't even wear a size 2 or a 4 in highschool.  

Why did I wait so long to get this sleeve?  

K

HW 200, surgery weight 190, Goal Weight 140, Current Weight 140, Height 5 foot 8 1/2
Sleeve Surgery by Aceves on Feb 10, 2011

justeric78
on 7/7/12 12:16 pm - Houston, TX
You ladies are to cute (in the best sense of the word). I never liked shopping in my life. It has though become a new addiction. I now have about 12 dress shirts and 15 slacks. I never even cared what I looked like even when I was skinny and young. Now its slacks and ties everyday!
diane S.
on 7/7/12 12:54 pm
Ha, now you too have a new cross addiction!!!      As a teenager I was pretty into clothes (even though slightly overweight) but as a young adult i just gave up.

now i am sort of amused by shopping but don't really love it. guess i am over the hill and don't care. but its nice to be able to go into a trendy cutsey boutique and not get the cold stare because i was so fat.  in fact, i got the cold shoulder at Lane Bryant while back! 

so welcome to the wonders of shopping. diane

KathyA999
on 7/7/12 4:47 pm
Great post, Diane.  I often wonder if at 62 I'm dressing too young for my age in my size 4/6 fitted clothes.  (I like my clothes to fit closely.  There's a fine line between fitted and too tight, and I know when a piece crosses it not to buy - can anyone say camel-toe??? - but I don't like things loose, which leaves out a lot since I ended up with scrawny legs.)  Then I figure WTF, *I* like the way I dress and to hell with the rest of the world.  I'm making up for lost time!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Valerie K.
on 7/8/12 12:07 am - Dearborn, MI
Great post. Love story's like this. 
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 7/8/12 12:30 am
 it's funny to think of getting snubbed at LB but it's poor customer service (what if you were shopping for someone else?)  still made me smile, though. 

every now & then I get a JMS catalog and I like snorting and throwing it away.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great