VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Almost to maintenan...

Almost to maintenance

Mom78
on 7/8/12 2:21 pm
VSG on 02/10/12
Hi Everyone,

I need some assistance if possible.  I am 2 lbs from my goal weight and I don't want to go much under 150lbs.  I am still losing 2-3 lbs per week, sometimes more, but I'm not a petite framed woman.

So my question is how did you get your body to stop dropping or did you just let it stop?

Example of my daily intake.

About 700 am: Premier protein shake, frozen 1-2 strawberries and or blueberries, blended with ice (oh and miralax:) 160 cals
About 0930 am: 4 egg bites, this week its with rotesserie chicken. 90-100 cals
1230ish : 2 oz sliced turkey, 1 ounce havarti 120 cals (sometimes I add cucumbers or apples)
4pm:  handful almonds 80 cals
7 pm: 2 oz salmon, 1-2 oz grilled zuchini 90 cals
830 pm: Premier protein shake, blended with ice 160 cals (most of the time I only make it with half)

I'm not so good with water, protein smoothies are about 24 oz each, I get about 40-56 oz of water a day.

I take two flinstones multi's, vitamin B12, bariatric advantage calcium chews, 50,000 iu D (prescription once a week), mag and biotion (when I remember)

I'm 5 months post op, just started to shed, all my labs were fantastic.  I know I didn't have to lose as much as some, but I think all of our journeys are so personal.

What would you add to slow or stop the loss?  I've tried scimming the maintenance board for this question, but couldn't find a lot.  Just note, I do not count carbs, I concentrate on protein and calories, carbs come last (as you can see from my example, they haven't been an issue yet).

Thanks so much!!!
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

justeric78
on 7/8/12 9:00 pm - Houston, TX
Common answer I see here is to add 100 calories for a few weeks and keep doing it till you meet an equilibrium. Takes some getting used to. My body still fluctuates quite a bit.

Mom78
on 7/9/12 12:15 pm
VSG on 02/10/12
In what way did you add the 100, by another snack or adding more at meals?

diane S.
on 7/9/12 3:45 am
justeric is right about adding 100 calories a day for a week or so and seeing when you stabilize. the hard part may be getting those calories in withoug getting into bad carbs or sweets. you should stick to protein and get those extra calories in fruits and veggies and maybe some cheese or nuts. I found it hard to get enough in due to tight restriction and resorted to a blob of peanut butter. can use 2% milk also in protein drinks. Remember that you may drop a little low for awhile and its not that big a deal as that can bounce back easily.

Congrats on your success and welcome to maintenance.  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Mom78
on 7/9/12 12:18 pm
VSG on 02/10/12
Thanks Diane,

When you say a blob of pb, did you eat it with apples or something else?  I'm doing great with the veggies and fruit, they don't have nearly enough calories though.  I had to re add the 2nd smoothy since I wasn't meeting protein or calorie goals.  Maybe an additional snack... hmmm

Its funny how we go from trying to eliminate calories to needing to add them back in! lol

diane S.
on 7/9/12 12:25 pm
well i would just get a big blob on a spoon and eat it. not much of a gastronomic presentation but works. sometimes i do eat it on apple slices or celery but they take up room.

I still do this peanut butter blob each evening and plan for the calories. my doctor would hate it but its become something i enjoy and its a healthy fat.

and yeah i got real worried for awhile when i couldn't stop losing weight but it all settled down in a few months so don't do anything too drastic like eating crappy stuff. best to leave that stuff alone.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/