VSG Maintenance Group

Did you???

mama2girls
on 7/11/12 7:55 am
Did you gain a few pounds back when you just entered into maintenance? I had been still losing after I hit goal, slow but a few pounds a month or so. Well I got down to 184 and been up to 186 the last few weeks or so and its not budging, which is not a big deal cuz my goal is 190, but was hoping to get to 180 just for the sake of leeway (sp?). Maybe this is where my body wants to be?

HW:409  SW:328 CW:185-190 GW: 190, lowest wt:165;

GS Surgery date 8/9/11

Body by Sauceda born 12/9/16

"I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself"

PaulaS
on 7/11/12 8:54 am, edited 7/11/12 8:58 am - TX
Mine varies.   My lowest is 137#, normally I am between 138 and 140.   Occasionally I slip up to 141, and rarely to 142.  When I get to 141 or 142 I cut back and get below 140.    I am comfortable there.   My original goal was 150, and I changed it to 140 as I lost more.  
I would like to be 130 to allow for the leeway or bounceback, but that is not likely.   My BMI is around 21, give or take a little. 

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
diane S.
on 7/11/12 1:25 pm
after about a year in maintenance i regained 2 lbs. (odd - it was at christmas). but because i was at a pretty low weight i thought it would be silly to try to lose it. so i am staying there. i think its not unusual to put a few pounds back on but you need to decide whether you want to keep them or not. its up to you to be in charge.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CJCC55
on 7/11/12 10:05 pm - Cleveland, TN
I bounced around a little, but have stayed a few lb below goal weight always. Now am staying around 8 lb below goal weight most of the time. I start journaling my food if I start to creep up at all, and that always does the trick.

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

summer24
on 7/12/12 3:25 am
I continued losing in maintenance, and leveled off after 1-1/2 to 2 years.  At that point I was able to put weight on, but I guess it was because I was sitting around 20 BMI.  I got used to weighing less, so I work at maintaining the lower set point.  I think your body will find it's happy point as well.  Then, the real work begins :)
wls2011
on 7/14/12 12:52 am - Ballston Lake, NY
I don't know if it is a gain so much, or if it is normal fluctuations in weight....2 lbs is not a lot, and can be water retention, not going to the bathroom, or a host of other things...

My goal weight was 140, my lowest scale weight was 130, but I weigh 132-135 on any given day. I am 14 months post op.

At first, I would worry that I was gaining back....but now that I see the pattern, I am aware that if it ever hits above 135 for a few days in a row, I will get proactive and get back to basics of weight loss. I am comfortable here, but if you want to get lower, now is the time to really work for it, because I think our bodies adjust and like to stay "status quo". For me, though, I just followed where my body went and it was good.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11