VSG Maintenance Group

Hey y'all!

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/12 5:40 am
 Feels so good to be posting on the maintenance board, woo hoo! I reached my goal several weeks ago and am actually a little below goal. I might decide to lose a few more. I can't decide. I'm having a real hard time feeling like the losing phase is over. 

I guess because when I look in the mirror I don't feel like I'm done. I know we all have distorted body images for awhile and have the excess baggage of excess skin. IDK...I'm wondering if I'll ever feel like 'I did it." 

When I hit my goal it didn't even phase me. I will say it felt better when I got under goal though....

Lots of things to ponder on this WL journey for certian. Thanks for all that have gone before me that have shared, and continue to share your journeys.  You help and inspire me greatly!

Xoxoxox,

Rebecca
INgirl
on 9/15/12 12:19 am, edited 9/15/12 12:19 am
Hey! Congrats & welcome to maintenance as we know it/call it! As you can see, it takes a while to settle in..  
Jane B.
on 9/15/12 9:30 am - Strathmore, Canada
VSG on 01/11/12 with
Hi Rebecca,

Your start weight of 230 was very similar to mine.  I was at 228.  I am surprised that you don't know if your goal is low enough since I see that you are 5'10".  I am 5'7" and my goal is 160 as well.  I do have a large frame so it seems reasonable to me although now that I am so close, I can see that losing more will just gain me more loose skin.  I don't like what I am dealing with already, and I'm pretty sure I will want to have a tummy tuck at some point, but I have to give everything time to level off and for the fat on my body to redistribute which I understand it quite often does.

Did you struggle with the last 10-20 lbs?  I know I sure have.  I am just 8 months out from surgery now and the weight loss really slowed after 6 months.

All the best with your maintenance!
HW: 243 SW:228 GW:160
"I want to really live, not just be putting in time"    

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/12 6:18 am
Hi there!

I have a small frame so I definitely think I need to lose a few more.  My upper body is very tiny and I'm carrying the rest of the weight to lose in my middle section - hips and tummy area.  The first areas to gain the weight are the hardest to lose! 

Part of my problem is that I really need to workout more. I have been doing some light cardio on the exercise bike so my legs are really nice and toned but I really need to work on strength training on my upper body. 

These last few pounds have actually not been so hard but here is what I am doing that always seems to help me lose quickly - I have a protein shake for breakfast and dinner and then protein/veggie for lunch.  I've been doing this for about a week and have lost 4 pounds.  It always keeps my calories and other counts in check. It's the way I've broken every stall I've ever had as well. Give it a try, see how it works for you!

Here's to us 5'10" gals getting in in line.  Thanks for your post! :)
loverofcats
on 9/15/12 10:00 am
 Congratulations on reaching your goal!!! Welcome to maintenance.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

asweetiepye
on 9/15/12 4:20 pm
Congrats!

Andrea- HT- 5' 7" HW-286 SW-265  CW-153.6
Crabadams72
on 9/15/12 5:41 pm - Silver Spring, MD
You did a great job. Don't be surprised if you keep losing. I envy you taller folks!
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/12 6:19 am
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I look forward to sharing my struggles and thoughts with you and learning from you all!