VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Daily Maintenance W...

Daily Maintenance Weigh In - Saturday 9/22

Mom4Jazz
on 9/22/12 3:41 am
Good morning. Feeling more energetic this morning; think I'll head out for a walk on the C&O Canal towpath a little later. Nice and level and it goes forever so I can walk as much or as little as I want. Great way to build myself back up.

So I've been thinking and chuckling at myself a little. I was a pretty sedentary person pre-op. As I was preparing for surgery, the one thing I could not imagine myself doing was the amount of activity they wanted us to build up to post-op. Now, though, I have fallen so in love with hiking that when I was sick this week my biggest "waaaah" was that I probably wouldn't be up to a good long rugged hike this weekend.

Funny how this changes us mentally as well as physically, no?

Today's weight 138.6. Same as yesterday, but at least not down again.

How are you guys doing?

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

debk21
on 9/22/12 4:49 am - Mansfield, TX
125 Good.  I know what you mean Mom.  I was also very sedentary.  I had to be. Everything hurt when I moved around alot.  I'm not a hiker like you, but my daughter now calls me "the blur" cuz I'm up and moving all the time...TV?  No way, unless it's football or baseball.  Chores?  All the time!  House stays spotless and I'm always gardening so the yard looks great, front and back on my acre.  I'm constantly working on some kind of project and it's amazing to me all the wonderful things I can get done now.  I LOVE me sleeve and my newfound level of energy and passion for life.  Have a great Saturday everyone!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Pura Vida
on 9/22/12 4:58 am - Costa Rica
141.4 today

Just like everyone else I was sedentary before and even after VSG, until last January when I decided to get off that regain. I then excersized everyday for 8.5 months.

Now I am recovering from my plastics and I feel that sluggish sedentary feeling again, but I don't want to mess up my muscle repair, so I am on the sidelines for 2 more weeks, and I can't wait to get back in the "saddle"

Heather
NanaDebby65
on 9/22/12 5:37 am - North Richland Hills, TX

I can def relate even though I'm not into regular exercise. I know I do walk faster and have a lot more energy than I did pre-op.

My daughter, who is preggo & due in 2 weeks, constantly has to remind me to slow down when we go somewhere because she cannot waddle fast enough to keep up with me. LOL!
HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
MikeyMike
on 9/22/12 7:07 am - New York, NY

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

cnjm6201
on 9/22/12 7:11 am
177.6  down from yesterday.  Still committed to not seeing the 180s ever again.  My present goal is under 170 so I will keep at it.

Our world feel apart this last month and it has been hard getting things to settle down.  Today will be hopefully the first drama free day in a month.  We plan to take our kids apple picking and to a birthday party tonight.  Our faith and trust is in God alone and that is what is getting us from day to day.  Praying that everyone has a blessed drama free day.

"Be content at whatsoever state you are in."  Phil. 4:11                      
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/12 7:25 am
Good morning:

Oh, how I agree with the more or less sedentary life style.  I always walked to work, about 2 miles return, but other than that and mowing the grass it was pretty well exhausting to do more. 

However, lesson learned.   Have been stuck for the last two pounds for three weeks.  Darn. So thought, give the body a jolt, up the calories and other people have said that the weight fell off.

Well it didn't fall off.  It stayed. Three pounds up.  Soooooooooo now 5 pounds to goal.

I really like what another poster said when they thought that they would go on a liquid phase to try and get those last pesky pounds off.

So today is the all fluid day,  although am going to be very very busy and not near the room that I need to be.

Have the best day everyone.  Keep active.
loverofcats
on 9/22/12 7:31 am

Off to spin class this morning. I never would have done THAT when I was preop. Yes, my life has changed!!
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

INgirl
on 9/22/12 8:05 am
Good morning- popped up to 136.6, water & hormones came in for a party!

I too was a professional cushion warmer pre-op, and still have my days now but for the most part- I'm up on my feet doing something right up till I go to bed. Many days I feel like someones lit a fire under me and I go to bed physically tired, but still raring to go- THAT was never the case pre-op..

Heading to a bird sanctuary we like to camp at today with a bunch of brave friends. I say brave as they are camping.. I say no way to that as the temps are dipping into the 30's overnight.. and I start getting goosebumps at 70 still if I'm not hiking! So, off to hike, play with good friends and their 6yr old daughter, and say our goodbye's when they decide to turn in, so we can snuggle under our comforter in a warm bed tonight!

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/12 8:09 am

Up a pound. Had Chinese for dinner last night. Probably sodium.....

Totally get what you mean about the exercise. No secret that for me it's part of transfer addiction! I couldn't have imagined I would be doing 5.5 to 6 miles of anything a year ago!

I had a plastics consult a while back and the biggest concern I had after all the medical info was given, possible complications, etc... was how long I would have to be away from formal exercise. Geez....who am I?