VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Daily Maintenance W...

Daily Maintenance Weigh In - Wedbesday, March 26, 2014

jubjub
on 3/25/14 9:38 pm - Palm Desert, CA
VSG on 06/25/12

March 26th, and it's like 18 degrees out there. Yesterday was 10 with wind chills in the negatives... grrrr.

Heading to Chicago tomorrow where my lovely bride, Nancy, will take her final French exam (level C2, the highest available, indicating "Native" ability) administered by the French government.  We've been watching French TV shows every night for months so she can practice here comprehension.  We like the game shows, as you learn some trivia, some slang, they always go a long way to introduce the contestants and where they're from, etc. So it is helpful practice.  It's been fun - my basic French has improved as well, and I'll resume my studies after the Race Across America project is over this summer.

Enjoy the day!

Tom

Heaviest: 313/VSG Pre: 295/Surgery: 260/Maintenance target:190 - Recent: 195 (08/15/19)

1st 2015&2016 12-Hour Time Trial UMCA 50-59 Age Group
1st 2017 Race Across the West 4-Person 50-59 Age Group
4th 2019 Race Across America 8 Person Team

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/14 11:53 pm

Good morning all:

After lying to myself for a long time am back for accountablility.

Am going back to the basis and after yesterday of eating mean and clean am UP 2 pounds.  YIKES. So 11 pounds above goal.

And walked an extra 30 minutes to boot.

Will keep on as am in a scary place.

Have a good day everyone.  All the best Nancy. Good for you!

Miss150
on 3/26/14 9:33 am

Welcome back .  Hang in there, and stick around; your expeirence is welcome.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

slimpickins5280
on 3/26/14 12:04 am - CO

143.0 - I earned it. I've been white-knuckling some stress and it finally expressed itself in the form of cookies and candy that my MIL keeps in the freezer. 

Hubby comes home tomorrow. Daughter gets a new cast tomorrow.

Yesterday was a rollercoaster of a day. Made me nauseous. I had to help a kid that was in the technology area using a computer (we have computers in the Library and the Media area) because they couldn't help him with MS Word. Really? Yes, I know more about computers than the tech folks. Then, I found out that I get to go fulltime next year, WOOT! - only to be told that my work bestie is hanging onto her job. Damn. MIL came in my room last night to tell me that I HAD to look at the Google map of the landslide in Washington state. The daughter she doesn't like lives about an hour away from there. Don't worry that I'm standing in my towel and nothing else. Sure, I'd love to look at the Google map slide area instead of taking a shower. My MIL's sliblings all converge on my house Thursday evening and Friday. Hubby gets home Thursday from his 2-week Korea, Japan Hawaii work tour. Oh, and my son broke his toe in PE yesterday. Some asshole-in-training thought it would be funny to trip him while they were playing a game. But, my son is a badass supergeek and he fell like they were taught in black belt training - so he didn't hurt anything else. The broken toe happened because it was what the kid connected with as my boy ran by. 

Yeah, so the cookies happened. If hubby would have been here, I would have talked to him, but that wasn't the case. 

I also pounded out a 3-mile walk yesterday and talked to my best friend, but that didn't quite get all of the frustration out. 

Stress won't win, today. 

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

diane S.
on 3/26/14 3:38 am

yikes slim, what a day. makes me want m and m's just reading about it. so sorry about your kids orthopedic issues.   sounds like someone needs to be in a padded cell for awhile. maybe your mil  so she can take a break from monitoring the disasters of the world.  hope today goes better. glad you are getting the job expansion you want.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

slimpickins5280
on 3/26/14 6:25 am - CO

Thanks Diane. 

It's the life I picked, so now I just gotta live it. 

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

stephanieplum
on 3/26/14 3:50 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Hugs. Love. Prayers.

Read my post for a giggle...

Nancybefree
on 3/26/14 8:23 am
VSG on 11/21/12

{{{Slim and family}}}  Yikes, guys. 

MIL would have gotten an earful from me, especially given the conditions under which you've been operating. 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Spencerella
on 3/26/14 1:21 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

115.8 today.  That's 3 days at this 'new' higher weight, so the trend is real.  Not at red zone weight, but something to be observed and considered.  The weather continues to be mostly cold, but with my half marathon race coming up on June 1st, I must force myself to train.  It's been fun running since last fall, but I'll be glad to take a break from the training aspect of it over the summer.  Hubby and I also sat down last night and began to plan what for us will be a major motorcycle trip for this summer.  It's a dream come true for us, and it helps to pass the time until riding season begins.  

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Escape_Pod
on 3/26/14 2:49 am

153.3.  Up a bit from yesterday, but yesterday was an on-track day, and it's that time of the month. 

5'8"    Highest Weight: 245   Goal Weight (Surgeon): 154   Stretch Goal: 140