VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Daily Maintenance W...

Daily Maintenance Weigh In, Sunday, July 27,2014

Miss150
on 7/26/14 11:19 pm

Good Sunday morning, all.  142.0  Only one more week remains of summer break.  (sigh)  This would be the week to get back into the structure of things, organize, and finish up all those tasks I've been putting off all summer long (yah, she talks the big talk...).  Enjoy your pickling adventure, Slim.  There is nothing prettier than  Mason jars filled up with whatever sitting neatly on shelves.  I'm keeping an eagle eye on my cherries; they're not quite ripe yet- the minute they are, the deer and squirrels and, well, hell, every critter imaginable will be after them (including ME!).  

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

slimpickins5280
on 7/26/14 11:32 pm - CO

Sorry, I'll put my whininess on here and delete my thread. 

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

slimpickins5280
on 7/26/14 11:33 pm - CO

155.0 - I ate my feelings

I've received 2 letters from my son saying that he is very homesick and he doesn't want to stay at camp. So, I wrote him an email (they are parent to child only-the campers can't respond to the emails. No computers) that was nice, hubby even said it was nice. Sometimes I have to have someone else check to make sure. I know this shocks all of you. I told him that when he gets back, it is back to the grind. We need school supplies and we have to go through registration, so he needs to make the most of this time. He needs to let go of whatever is holding him back from having fun. I even put a bible quote in there for good measure. My daughter wrote, too. she's having fun, but she's worried about her brother and her shoulder hurts - ALOT. SO, I wrote her an email too and told her to massage her own shoulder and I'll get her to the chiropractor when she gets home. 

Letters from camp suck rotten tomatoes - just sayin'.

Also, my dog isn't eating. We are backing her off the prednisone that she has been taking for 3 years because she has had 2 accidents in the house. Ugh. I can't talk about my dog. 

Anyway, I ate my feelings. *sigh*

Today is pickling. I'm letting hubby sleep in. 

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Spencerella
on 7/27/14 1:26 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Slim, it sounds more like worry to me, but that's what we do when we have kids.  Even those of us with grown up kids.  You handled it perfectly, but the feelings suck. I hate feelings. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

stephanieplum
on 7/27/14 3:42 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Hugs. Love.  Prayers.  

Spencerella
on 7/27/14 1:25 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

113.4 today.  I'm not liking my approach to food these days, but I guess it is what is for now.  Daughter came home for a sleepover and that's always nice.  

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

stephanieplum
on 7/27/14 3:45 am
VSG on 06/27/12

145.5#

diane S.
on 7/27/14 4:23 am

121.  off to a boring day at the gallery and then experimental kiln firing.  if i get the effect i want i will post a pic.

Slim sorry your boy is homesick.  Bet he gets past it but still rough.   Your kids are never really away from you.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/