VSG Maintenance Group

struggling

Road Less Travelled
on 2/17/15 5:25 am
VSG on 12/13/10 with

I am 4 yrs out --- lost weight my 1st yr then maintained for 2 yrs @170.  while I would have liked to have lose more, I was OK with the 170 -- but over the last year, my weight has crept up -- I am now at 195 !!!!  I have given in to my sweet cravings and feel mentally like a looser!   Any words of advice to get back on track?

July 2007 = lap band ...Sept 2010: lap band removed....Dec 2010 VSG
HW: 283... VSG SW: 244 ..  got down to 170 -- now at 193 and "back on track" ....GW: 155

diane S.
on 2/18/15 9:11 am

There are many older posts on this group written by others who are going through what you are. take some time to read through them. there is far more good advice in them than my little pinkies can type.  Karik has lots of good ones, though some may be on the main forum.  start by checking in here dailyand tracking your weight.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/15 4:47 am

Oh sure, I got lots of words!

But I have a question first: How badly do you really want to get back on track? There is some sort of value in eating the way you have been. Do you know what it is? That's pretty important, too. Sometimes it's hard to figure out. It is worth figuring out though. I know that for me when I feel unsupported, overwhelmed, and emotionally taxed I over eat or eat incorrectly for my health and appearance. It's a tough road getting back on track because you will be fighting a lifetime of behaviors.

From there it is truly making a commitment for the next umpteen weeks to stay on track and take the weight off. Are you up to that? If you are, then you probably know what to do: Protein, Water, low, low Carb and moderate fat. Keep calories low and in a deficit for your body and the weight will come off.

Best of luck.