VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Long Time Gone/Chec...

Long Time Gone/Checking In

Paula622
on 3/19/15 1:00 am

A bit of back story since I'm not sure who is new/old here.

I am 32 years old and had my sleeve done almost 5 years ago.  I was a lightweight to start off and was down to just above a normal BMI by six months post op.  At that time, I got pregnant with my second baby so losing was put on hold.  I did great during my pregnancy and managed to lose my "baby weight" easily plus 10 more by the time the baby was about 6 months old.  I was having a pretty easy time maintaining my weight but went back and forth with the idea of losing a few more pounds.  Two years ago, I had two back to back miscarriages and my weight was up a few pounds from where I am comfortable.  While I was up a few, I got pregnant again and gave birth last March.  With that pregnacy, I gained about 30 pounds so I definitely had a few hanging on after she was born.  With breastfeeding and three kids, it was hard to find the motivation to get back to losing weight.  After the holidays, I cleaned up my eating and the pounds started to fall off.  I'm back down to where I was when I got pregnant and would like to lose a few more just for good measure.  I love that when I eat well, my sleeve is still there for me to help make it easier.  I try not to be too strict with myself as I tend not to do so well with extremes.  I've found that tracking what I eat quickly becomes a spiral into unhealthy behaviors and is simply not a realistic way for me to live my every day life.  I know what types of foods I need to be eating, and when I do, I love how I look and feel.  Here I sit, about to celebrate the baby's first birthday and I'm comfortably wearing a size 2/4.  Six years ago this all seemed like an unattainable fantasy!  I've never had a single day of regret and feel confident that my sleeve was the best thing I've ever done for myself and my family!  I would really like to get a tummy tuck, but think I might like to have a fourth baby first so for now I just live in my spanx, lol.  Every day I have to make the decision to be healthy, but I feel like that is something that most adults, surgery or not, need to do.  I feel "normal" and love the life that my sleeve has made possible! 

It looks like there is not much posting going on here these days, but I wanted to check in with my story in case it can help others! 

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

momsy55
on 3/19/15 1:31 am - ME

Glad you're back Paula!  I do remember you.  Thanks for the update - sounds like you're doing well.  I'll look forward to seeing you here.  Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

diane S.
on 3/19/15 4:51 am

hey good for you and welcome back. check in when you can. congrats on your many accomplishments.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/