VSG Maintenance Group

Happy, happy!

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/15 4:08 am

Happy Moment! This morning my happy moment stemmed from putting on a pair of shorts I wore last summer and they fit perfectly fine! No snugness and super comfortable – perhaps even a bit more comfortable than last summer - buttoned with room to spare! Big smile there!

My work continues. I met with the RDN again yesterday. (Interestingly she belongs to a group of RDNs that refer to what they do as nutritional therapy. It’s quite appropriate really!) Anyhow, my specific goals for this week are to add more fat into my meals to help with satiety (because I still tend to eat too low fat, which is not so good in the long run over the course of the day) and also to increase my sleep (again an ongoing problem).

I am continuing toward my goal to get my mind and body in concert with food choices and understanding my specific levels of satiety, which is still not as easy as one might think. I’m still having some diet rebound issues, but I trust this process and know that the rebound issues will pass and I will settle into a long term and sustainable way of healthy eating – once I get out of my own way. I have confidence that the weight will follow.

I am finding that having a much wider variety of foods from which to choose in the house is working far better for me than when I was limiting what I had in the cupboard and the fridge. The difference is simple, but quite significant for me. It’s the difference between “This is what I should eat” and “This is what I want/choose to eat.” Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I have Twinkies and HoHo’s stashed in there! I’m still stocking with healthy foods, but a wider variety and including more fruits and a few grains and legumes (but not really very many. I’m still technically low carb – just not severely limited. Closer to 100 grams per day, I would guess, not 40-50.)

Just another day in the life…

Thank you, too, for the kind PMs I received after my last post!

diane S.
on 3/26/15 4:51 am

congrats on the shorts that fit.  first sign of summer on the way - that and craving iced tea which I did yesterday.

Thanks for sharing aspects of your continued journey.  many of us could benefit from the type of therapy you are getting.  Making peace with food is an important goal. I still have some things that I just can't have in the house. (crackers and chips)  But I think I could have a twinkie around and never touch it. not gonna do it though. D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/15 12:21 pm

Isn't it funny how different we all are? I can have crackers and chips in the house and be completely at ease. Those things don't sing the song of the siren for me. However, bring in a box of See's chocolates or some gourmet cookies and I am hard pressed to stay out of those things. The terrier man has quite the sweet tooth!

I know you are quite the peanut butter lover. Have you tried the Whole Foods Honey Roasted PB? It's pretty damn good and has fewer calories than regular PB. Next time you are near a Whole Foods, you ought to get some. Variety is the spice of life!

diane S.
on 3/26/15 3:25 pm

Hey cool.  long way to Whole Foods from here but sometime.

Yeah, the ultimate temptation is See's toffee.  I do have a bad sweet tooth - just not for twinkies. gotta be better than that. D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/15 11:35 pm

HI!

Once again you have nailed it for me!   ' levels of satiety'.  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many many many thanks.

And congrats on the shorts! 

stephanieplum
on 3/27/15 12:11 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Yay!!!!  I'm so happy for you!!!  You are working hard and it's paying off!!!

momsy55
on 3/27/15 3:10 am - ME

So happy for you that things are going well!  Thanks again for taking us along on this journey with you Kairk!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180