VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, again, June...

Monday, again, June 22 2015 ( I hate to break it to you but we are on a downward slide from...

carbondated
on 6/22/15 5:22 am

Morning:

Yes, winter is a-coming.  And on that cheery note we will continue the day.

Scale the same.  Supper with Walking Partner's family was fun except that the food was very very salty and could not eat it.  No one else thought so, so it was likely me. 

Enjoy the beginning of a brand new week.  

diane S.
on 6/22/15 9:18 am

124.5 today.  rode my bike for the first time in years yesterday. it was fun but i fell over and skinned a knee. oh well, back at it tomorrow. have to work at the gallery today and stare at the Fresh Fudge Sign.   hope we get some traffic.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/15 12:18 pm

Well, back after a 4 day trip to Long Beach for the Great Western Terrier Assoc. shows. Had a lot of fun. Stayed on the Queen Mary (with the dog!). I ate "off plan" (meaning I ate what appealed to me) the entire time, but felt very good about my portions and choices overall. By early evening yesterday I was exhausted, but had to start an 8 hour drive home. I did sort of eat my way back to Northern California. Curious how being tired influences hunger and the drive for quick energy (sugar!). Of course, this is my truth. May not be yours.

The result was a 3.8 increase on the scale this morning, but I'm guessing most of it is water and will be gone in a few days. I actually consider this trip a "food success". Having given myself permission to eat as I pleased resulted in some very positive outcomes:

1. My portion remained very small; 2. I was "full" and satisfied on very little; 3. I didn't berate myself for any choice I made; 4. My drive for "crap" food was very low; 5. Even with the I-5 eating, I did not binge eat the entire 4 days.

All in all, a successful weekend!

carbondated
on 6/22/15 2:37 pm

This is what happened to me today.  I took a friend out for lunch and amazingly enough ate a ' forbidden' food, but ate sparingly. Thanks Kairk for your perspective.  It's beginning, just beginning to make sense to me.