VSG Maintenance Group

Beautiful Thursday

carbondated
on 6/25/15 6:04 am

stephanie thanks for the link to Facebook, and glad that you had a great time.

scale up.  It was expected.  But a good day yesterday, food , attitude and walked 2 hours, plus very very busy at work.  

Potluck worked very well and today is a brand new day!!

enjoy!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/15 10:08 am

Scale down another 1/2 lb this morning.

Very interesting occurrence yesterday: Long story short - Uncle went for a walk, got in a fight with the side walk, the sidewalk won, and uncle went to ER via ambulance. Hip replacement Dad called, too, wanting a piece of me this afternoon, and happily dumped all responsibility for uncle in my lap. All of this I get, but it stressed the hell out of me.

This is supposed to be the summer of me, right? I was unable to go the gym yesterday (let alone have time for a walk) because I was waiting for the ER to call and release my uncle. I was also feeling resentful towards my dad because he was bragging that he was released from physical therapy and he was released from home health care, BUT he's not feeling like he wants to be alone. (He can walk up a flight of stairs, for crying out loud!)

So I stress ate! I knew I was doing it, too. And I just observed as if I was detached. I didn't get upset. I allowed myself to do it and just silently observed to see what I was doing. The more I watched and accepted the stress, the less I NEEDED to eat. My stress eating consisted of a couple of spoons of ice cream, a snack pack of peanuts, and some beef jerky, and roughly 2 tsp of PB. I also had a petite scone at Peet's after getting uncle back and situated at his place.

I was at 1606 calories for the day. 115 gr protein, 71 gr fat, and a whopping 127 gr carbs. (I like carbs under 100 these days). All in all not a bad day for stress eating.

Maybe, just maybe, I'm working through the demons!

diane S.
on 6/25/15 10:34 am

Hi all, 124.5. seems like i am creeping up and honestly not sure why. only one thing to do - start tracking again. and get rid of the industrial sized can of peanuts my hubby can't live wtihout.

K, sorry about your uncle. I am dealing with elder family stuff too.   Reading a book called "Calming your anxious Mind"   new harbinger publications.  kind of applies to stress eating.   

looks like no pups from this  last breeding.  Old Chip may be losing his mojo.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/