VSG Maintenance Group

Hrmph!

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/15 1:49 am, edited 8/4/15 1:52 am

Met with Nut Therapist today. Hrmph!!!!! I want to explore weight loss mode. What does she hand me? ...With a smile and the caveat that I DON'T HAVE TO do it. It's just a suggestion...

...a two to four week sugar reset. UGH!!!!! No added sugar, no refined sugar, no processed foods, stay away from white foods (bread, pasta, rice, flour products, potatoes, etc...), any packaged item must have fewer than 5 grams of sugar per serving and still must not have added sugars,  and you guessed it, NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS. I can handle all of the above except the artificial sweeteners abstention. KILL ME NOW! Plain Greek Yogurt without sweetener = Blech! And I live for my Greek Yogurt that I artificially sweeten.

Can you say, "I have a sugar problem?"

Nut believes that when I eliminate the sugars I will lose weight without having to go into WL mode. (Now mind you, I'm not over the top with sugar, but yes, it is my downfall. Yes, I believe I eat added sugar foods often enough that it keeps my weight stable rather than in a calorie deficit.)

So, I decided I will go through the reset. Not sure what day I will pick to start, but it will be this week.

Fastening my seat belt in preparation for a bumpy ride!

Edited to add: PS - this includes abstention from all alcohol. No wine, no beer, no booze! Ha! Take that!

stephanieplum
on 8/4/15 5:57 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Holy ****!!! Most of this really sounds like early post-op rules and WL mode.  Maybe she doesn't want you to focus on "I'm in weight loss mode now" but healthier choices.  I don't know... Heh!  This made me giggle only because I feel your pain!  I'm trying to focus on healthier choices but the processed food part is hard.  I have to have my stevia, too.  I think you could some form of this; not so rigid  and still lose weight.  You're good at this...make a list of what you're willing to do and what you're not.  See what happens and you may have to move some things over to another column.

I am not using my beloved coffee creamer because I wondered how it affected my weight loss even though it was sugar free and I was using it too liberally.  I am now measuring half and half. I'm adjusting.  I love my coffee!!!  No one wants me without.  I also am not using my pita bread ( that has protein and is low  carb) just because it takes up space I could use for veggies or protein and I wondered if it stalls my weight loss.  You've already have the foundation...just strengthen it!

I'm looking forward to getting my regain off with you!!!!  You can do this!  

diane S.
on 8/4/15 10:52 am

Yikes Kairk, sounds like sugar free boot camp to me.   Probably a good idea for all of us to do this. Are you allowed fruit?  could mix that with your gy.    see, I would be immediately trying to "game" the system..    Well good luck to you on this venture.  Its only two weeks and I bet you do fine.

Stephanie I'm with you on the coffee.  gotta have it and gotta have half and half.  started back on it 3 weeks after surgery and always used half and half though weight loss. Anything else would have been uncivilized.

diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/