VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday August 11th...

Tuesday August 11th. Honestly! where did July go.

carbondated
on 8/10/15 9:11 pm

Kairk all the best.  You ( and we ) can do it.  In fact I think that I am going to follow in your footsteps and start all over again.  Gotta do something.  

And all the best as well for the prep for the Grade 2 room.  It sounds like fun from where am sitting but perhaps not as easy as it sounds.  Oh!  I remember the excitement of coming in to a brand new room and the teacher had the 'decorations' all up.  Delicious.

Posting this a day early as leaving at the crack of dawn and there won't be time. 

Happy Tuesday every one. 

diane S.
on 8/11/15 11:22 am

123.5 today. going to a local brewery tonight for dinner and jazz. fortunately i hate beer (can't drink it anyway) but they do have wine. music starts early which is good for us old folks.   

had some good firing results yesterday.  fun in clay.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/15 8:50 pm

Thanks! It's going well. Day three will be the kicker - it always is for me. However, I have not been worried about calories so much as I have been simply focusing on getting through the day with nothing "white" or processed or made with sugar. Ron warmed up some meatballs and left the sauce off for me, as it was loaded with sugar. I looked at the package of the meatballs and found dextrose, brown sugar, and maltodextrin in the ingredient list. Needless to say, I did not eat them.

I'm sitting at 900 calories for the day so far and will still have some chicken and a salad. I can live with that. (I still lose on a 1400 calorie a day plan and maintain well on 1800.)

Will not weigh again until Monday, but will keep checking in I think. Interestingly, my mental acuity seems to be improving with the detox. Hmmmm..... goes along with what Dr. Robert Lustig talks about in his Sweet Revenge seminar (taped for PBS in San Francisco). I'm going to be exploring his idea of "Safe Carbs" for when it's time to bring some of those back into the picture.