VSG Maintenance Group

Sunday Aug 16 2015

carbondated
on 8/16/15 4:20 am

another derailed day with another group of students bringing their baking.  They were SO proud and with sets of eyes watching every mouthful I did not have the heart to say no.  ' Do you like it Mama?'

they leave today and so today is the reset day.  

Enjoy Sunday!

diane S.
on 8/16/15 12:07 pm

well still at 125. gotta ditch the nibbling on nuts. more protein needed. and more walking.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/15 2:34 pm

Carbon, I get it, being a teacher and all! I'm also going to put it out there that people like you and me need to learn to put our own needs first and sometimes that means incorporating little fibs into our lives. I often tell students that I am so thrilled with a treat I've been presented and that it's so special I want to save it for my lunchtime or take it home and have it for dessert. They just beam over those comments. Then when "later" comes I either give the treat away to one of my "skinny" friends or I chuck it. Harsh, eh, but keeps me from triggering myself.

Nuts, Diane! I love them, too. I have been relying on them this week to get me through the beginning of this sugar reset. I was thinking that I, too, need to lay off the nuts! I will say they help with the head hunger for now. If you figure out a good substitute, please share!

Dog event was a food success! I brought my protein and a salad and samples a few of the salads others brought. Didn't touch any of the brownies, cookies, spice cake squares, etc... I was quite tired by the time we got home and did over eat the rest of the day, but only on appropriate foods. The 90-100 degree temps here have me retaining a bit of water, so I'm up a pound. Meh, I'll live.

Really weird weather for us  today - 100 degrees and now it's overcast! Not typical for Northern CA weather.