VSG Maintenance Group

Nov 12 Thursday

carbondated
on 11/12/15 5:48 am

welcome back Diane.  Being away certainly has food challenges.  

Am faced with that today as am going on a work trip.   Am a tinge nervous as it is to an island that is only a 35  minute ferry ride but the winds are expected to get up to 80 and am a fair weather sailor.  When it gets really rough the ferry does not run so that may happen today.  

A beautiful weather day yesterday.  Should have raked leaves but am waiting for this storm to blow all the rest down.

stuck to my food plan mostly with only going over calorie allowance by 150 for a total of 1350.  Virtually no walking except in the kitchen when making jam and run to the store for milk.

however the scale has not budged, which, am telling myself,  is better than going up.

Happy Thursday everyone.  Lurkers please join us.

Spencerella
on 11/12/15 8:38 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Good morning all and welcome home Diane. Still at 116 this morning. Incredibly poor food choices available at MIL yesterday but I made the best of it. No protein lunch (wtf) so a quest bar had to suffice and salty pizza for dinner. Sigh. So glad that's over.  

Off to work for a few hours and then home to take care of some unfinished business here. Have a good one

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/15 9:30 am

My "just on account of because" weight has vanished and I'm back at my low Sunday weight. 

I had an interesting struggle yesterday. Ron and I took the three young girls to the vet for a check up. Lucy had an in house blood panel done. Wasn't good. Her red blood cell count is through the roof. (Her body is making extra red cells to compensate for the lack of oxygen due to her heart issues.) After the vet visit we stopped at Peet's (coffee place) and Ron ordered a Mayan Mocha AND a piece of gingerbread cake with cream cheese frosting. I ordered black coffee. I said nothing about his choice and he chuckled and said he was dealing with the news about Lucy and it was either what he ordered or getting a milk shake. In silence I toyed with the idea of having a bite of the gingerbread cake, but decided I didn't want to deal with the aftermath of having a bite. After he finished it I told him about it and that his choice tempted and tested me. I'm proud of the choice I made and it's good to know that while the pastries at Peet's still call to me I can pass them by and not feel deprived when I acknowledge that I want it and then make a real choice as to whether I will partake or not. 

NSV - tried on my levi's that I put away. They fit! Still too tight, but they fit! 

Grateful for my job today. This is my 22nd year at the same elementary school. I am blessed to be a part of this neighborhood community. 

diane S.
on 11/12/15 10:04 am

well down a half to 128.5.  better than a poke in the butt with a sharp stick as they say.   gotta get back to the old habits. stopped at the grocery for a few healthy things. my exercise for the day was walking grocery store aisles.  

yikes carbon. would not want to be on that ferry.  i would be seasick.   

sure am glad to be home. chose the right travel day as there was a big storm yesterday.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/