VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday, April 26th...

Tuesday, April 26th

stephanieplum
on 4/26/16 11:12 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Me, too!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/16 9:41 am
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/16 9:52 am

In a fairly good frame of mind this morning. Kids are taking the ridiculous Smarter Balance State test. (Common Core, my ass! This test is so developmentally inappropriate it's unreal!) So, I have some down time until 10:00.

200.1 this morning. So close, but no cigar! LOL! I had an on target eating day. 110+ protein,

momsy55
on 4/26/16 10:45 am - ME

Beautiful, even without the story!  So glad you're feeling better and back on track!

My younger daughter, Mariah, took the Smarter Balance test last year, and then Maine decided to nix it altogether.  Not sure what they're replacing it with.  Still doing the NWEA's and another one NECAP or something like that - too many anacronyms to keep straight! :)   I at least understand the NWEA's.  Mariah has ADD and has always struggled with Math and, even though she's been a good reader since 4-5 years old, always did poorly on the reading testing.  This year, with her meds, she's still in Title I Math, but her NWEA's are just about at the district and state levels, and her reading is above both.  Not bad when at the beginning of 4th grade (she's in 5th now) we were going to do either an IEP or 504 Plan.  Since she started taking the meds, which I agonized over agreeing to, she no longer needs the accommodations and is now considered a leader in her class.  I was almost in tears when I heard all of that at the meeting with her teacher.   Sorry if TMI - I just had to share this!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/16 2:51 pm

Having a 504 in place prior to middle school is not a bad idea though. 

momsy55
on 4/27/16 5:55 am - ME

Good to know.  I'll check with the school.  Our middle school has teams, and I know one of them does not change classes as much as the others, staying with just two teachers throughout the day, instead of four.  They've been switching teachers in the elementary school, so she's used to it.  Still, not a bad idea to have something in place, as it's a district school, so much bigger to navigate, etc.  Thanks for the tip!

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/16 9:54 am

OH is dicking with my posts again. Cut off 3/4 of it. There was a story to go with the pic. Will try to add it later. 

Spencerella
on 4/26/16 10:00 am, edited 4/26/16 3:03 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I'm at 113 today. Got into some compulsive eating with chocolate yesterday. Didn't occur to me to throw it out. Instead I kept going back for more.  Other learning - back to protein forward meals, which means going grocery shopping!

oh yes and DH brought home another freakin' giant Costco pie. This in addition to the half pie in the fridge. He knows and usually respects my struggle with having these things in the house, but right now he seems to need a reminder. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

momsy55
on 4/26/16 10:50 am - ME

Those reminders are needed every so often, aren't they?  My DH still tried to give me certain items, even after more than 4 1/2 years of me not eating them and declining the offers.  He seems to have a disconnect somewhere.  Gotta love 'em!  :)

diane S.
on 4/26/16 10:33 am

greetings all you gutless wonders!

By gutless I mean you all don't have the big belly guts you used to have.  Guess it should also be butt-less wonders !!

Well down to 130.5 again which feels better. yesterday must have been a water load. why this elevator ride on the scale is so annoying is one of the mysteries of life.  we gotta accept the fluctuations.

last night I had another little portion of the leftover prime rib.  Probably still two dinners there.  Not bad for $28 or something.

Still working on the care giving problems with my mother.  She is now back on hospice and is not eating and drinking well at all.  The worst is near. Good thing a puppy is on the way. Gonna need it.  diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/