VSG Maintenance Group

Monday, May 23rd

diane S.
on 5/23/16 9:36 am

Greetings Glorious Garbage-free Non-Grazers;

Well I for one did a  lot  of grazing at the art opening. No cake but some chips and guac and wine and cheese.  Seems like the more I ate the more I wanted. So up a pound today to 132.5.   Seems like i did not eat 3500 extra calories but I have a theory that number varies from person to person just like maintenance calories does for each of us.   But I did get a little hike in and saw lots of interesting wild flowers. The art gallery and studio were beautiful and it was a nice break from the usual stuff here. 

Well its national puppy day. Will got pick her up early afternoon. Its about an hour drive away and gotta do some errands first. Hoping to spend as many daylight hours as possible with pup and wear her out so she won't fuss at night. The other two older dogs have no idea what they are in for. Cleaned out the dusty old puppy sized kennels. 

Siding workers discovered a wasp nest under the eaves. We had a huge one removed some years ago. Gotta wait till dusk and then spray wilth wasp killer.  

well keep at it all. I am not giving up in spite of todays little set back.  diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/16 11:12 am

Welcome Tesla! Hope your daddy is a welcoming old man and will show you the ropes. Diane and Shrinking Nerd, congrats on your latest addition! May the joys of puppyhood far outweigh the tribulations! 

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/16 11:09 am

It was a seriously busy weekend for me. I didn't even log on late at night to read posts. Tried to catch up this morning, but haven't read all the posts from the weekend, nor all of today's.

I am a ritualistic person. I thrive on routine in the sense that routine becomes rote and thoughtless and I can autopilot. My mornings have been the same routine for years. However, as the exhaustion continues even my routines and rituals are suffering. Classic example is that I forgot to weigh myself. I remembered after downing water and vitamins, so I will weigh again tomorrow.

Food is mediocre at bes****er was less than adequate both Saturday and Sunday. I am maintaining in the 201 range. Best I can do right now, I guess. I am not doing my best, but I am doing what I am capable of doing right now. Part of me wants to say that is an excuse, but I honestly feel I am doing what I am able to do. I am very pleased that I am not angry or disappointed with myself. Not once have I said to myself to toughen up and just do it. I have not accused myself of being weak or being a failure. That in and of itself is progress.

I saw someone post about 3500 calories and gaining a pound. I wonder given our cir****tances as formerly obese and what we now know about our slowed metabolic response (though not as severe with WLS as without) if it really takes 3500 calories to gain a pound. I think not. If we burn fewer calories than our normal weighted counterparts it stands to reason that we could gain real weight on an excess of far fewer calories than 3500. For a normie an extra 100 unused calories consumed each day will result in an extra pound in just over a month. I would wager that we, under the same cir****tances, would gain that pound in 20 days. No proof. Just my gut.

Down to the wire at school. 14 school days left including today. Open House is Thursday night and then we will begin the wrap up of the year.

I still love my puppies very much. Two now have pet names - Peach and Moose. I will admit, though, I do not love them very much between 4 and 6:30 am! God love him, Moose is potty training himself. I learned this morning he screams to get out of the pen for pottying. So, after being let out at 4:15 I could imagine he needed to go again at 6:00. He carried on until I let him out at 6:30. Lo and behold he pooped and peed. Walked back in the house and cuddled up with his siblings and went to sleep.

diane S.
on 5/23/16 12:27 pm

Good little Moose pup.  I am hoping my older dogs will help house train the puppy. diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Shel25
on 5/23/16 2:01 pm

Moose already a champion in my book.

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!