VSG Maintenance Group

Tuesday, June 14th

Paula1965
on 6/14/16 5:44 am
VSG on 04/01/15

125.4 which I'm okay with. Got 40 minutes in on the treadmill yesterday - 4 mph and 10% grade! I have the day off today without too many things on my have to do list - yippy! Doesn't feel like I have had a day of "rest" for quite a while.

Have a great day friends!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

ocean4dlm
on 6/14/16 8:15 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Good Morning !!!   

129.8   That's more like it !!!! 

Flag Day ceremony went really well... I made it through without getting too emotional.  The Principal and AP were out today, and I ended up doing the Welcome.  The most difficult part of the morning was briefly and tactfully explaining to 900+ third, fourth, and fifth graders why the flag would only be raised to half staff.  Such a hard world to grow up in, in ways we never had to think about as children.

Enjoy your days.  Connect with your gratitude for where you are in your journey, and move forward with positive, healthy intentions and habits.

Diane

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/16 8:55 am

Paula, I have seen your zip lining pics here and on FB. Go ahead and have PS on your arms, if you'd like. Just want to tell you that from my very harsh and critical perspective (I'm a judgmental little ****) you don't NEED your arms done. You are downright thin and look healthy and fantastically fit! 

Be proud of what you've done! I'm sure impressed! 

Paula1965
on 6/14/16 12:15 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Awwwwww, thanks Devon! I have quite a bit of arm skin that flops around when I move (i.e. I can hear it slapping) but I am blessed in that I build muscle mass pretty easily! 

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/16 9:12 am

Now for me.... I'm down a full pound from yesterday. I do not log or track or measure or portion during my three days of detox. I eat what I need to eat to stay away from the sugar and carbs, so a loss of any kind is welcome. I did eat a Quest bar yesterday, which is something I don't usually do for a detox, but it seemed to be okay and not trigger me. I also ate a lot of almonds and ended the day with I'm guessing 1.5 TBS of peanut butter. I spied left over banana bread last night and it called. I said no, but didn't even want to touch it to throw it out. I knew if I took it out of the fridge I'd eat some. It went down the disposal first thing while I was making coffee. 

I hope you all have a chance to read Allison Brown's OH article on the OH home page about the 6 steps she uses to deal with her regain. I know Allison. We've emailed, talked on the phone, texted, etc... We met at a Bay Area OH meet up and had coffee IRL when Ron and I were driving through Lancaster on the way back from a dog show in Palm Springs. She is a kind, caring, and highly intelligent woman who has had some monumental obstacles to overcome in her journey. 

I had a session with my shrink yesterday. Main focus was about taking time for me and not being so scheduled that I don't have time to fulfill my own needs. She believes that my recent weight gain has much to do with losing focus on my self care and dealing with everything else around me first - puppies, school, clients, Ron, our big dogs, etc... I have to say that most of my days the past 10+ weeks have been 16 hour days of non stop doing and very little of it involved taking care of my own needs. I have only been hitting the gym on Fridays for weeks and weeks now. 

I spent a few minutes blocking time off my calendar last night after getting home from the Apple Store and sitting with "Genius" for an hour. Long story short - I need more memory. Once the memory is installed they'll be able to trouble shoot the other things. Keeping my fingers crossed. Genius said the hardware is in perfect condition so a new comp is not in the near future. YAY! 

Will try to do something nice and self care oriented for myself today. I thought going to the gym between clients sounded like a good plan. Maybe a massage this evening. We shall see. 

Paula1965
on 6/14/16 12:20 pm, edited 6/14/16 8:41 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Took my 'puter in for a tune up as well. I had less then 5 gigs of room left on my hard drive

Good luck with the detox. 

stephanieplum
on 6/14/16 9:31 am
VSG on 06/27/12

158.3#  Hopefully, I'm in to stay.  Body Flow, stair master and elliptical this morning.  Not much on the agenda today except my women's group.  

Have a great day, y'all!

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/16 12:46 pm

What is body flow????

stephanieplum
on 6/14/16 1:19 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

Body Flow is a Les Mills class.  It's a combination of Yoga, T'ia Chi and Pilates.  It's challenging and calming...giving my body a good stretch, too!

diane S.
on 6/14/16 10:15 am

Greetings special skinny people"

132 today with the heavy socks.  I have reposted my post from yesterday below because I didn't get on until late in the evening and it was an extremely eventful and stressful day. But I didn't dive into food except a few potato chips.

Today the family leaves mid day and I can get back to more normal living and eating patterns. 

Kairk is right, we need to take time for ourselves each day. I still have lots of errands and such to do after the family leaves. They kept us up so late last night it tells me how old we are all getting. 

Gotta get the puppy trained to walk on a leash so I can take her out and get some energy worked off. No ill effects from last nights vet visit. (see below).

Well I seem to be blathering on all the time about the ups and downs of life and not much about weight issues. But the thing is, being at a normal weight enables us to get on with a normal life.

Good for you Paula on a day of rest.   I don't even have a job yet feel like I have been at a dead run.  

Take care my thin friends.  Diane S. (yesterday's post below unless oh cuts it off)

Hi all,

Well I am late checking in today. was up to 132.5 thanks to chinese buffet food last night where I ate enough to get the slimies.

Today was the scattering of sister in law's ashes at the beach she requested. Its beautiful but a difficult trail down so just some walked down and did the scattering. The rest of us were able to watch from cliffs above. We all tossed rose petals from our garden. Mother nature cooperated and it was not windy nor cloudy. A beautiful clear bright day. Afterwards we sorted pictures for hours. The other sisters are dear but I swear none of them can tell time. No concept of getting things done before they leave.

Nephew and I left to come home to crash. Puppy was running around as usual and then began quivering and behaving oddly. Rushed her to the vet by which time she had improved. They think she may have chewed some rhodies in the yard which causes rapid heartbeat in young puppies. They gave her some activated charcoal and she seems fine now. Actually got me out of the family dinner which apparently turned out to be terrible because the restaurant took about 2 hours to get their food. At least I got to have yummy leftover turkey which was fine with me.

It was an exhausting day. While hubby's family is dear and loads of fun, it will be good to have our lives back. The nephews are such delightful gems and were so fun and helpful. It was a good send off for the deceased sister.

Ocean D sounds like you handled your issues well. We are all developing good coping skills. I ate some potato chips today and thats not good but don't think I will be sucked back into junk food. Looking forward to a calmer life.

Both remaining sisters and one nephew are MO or SMO and I want to just shake them. Blessings to you all. Diane S.

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/