VSG Maintenance Group

Sat. The 9th??

Paula1965
on 7/9/16 10:23 am
VSG on 04/01/15

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Spencerella
on 7/9/16 11:16 am, edited 7/9/16 4:16 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Hey peeps - no weight today. Last night and this morning were weather protection focused instead. A huge rainstorm started around 3 am and we had to get up and put down some flaps where water was coming in. Then this morning was clearing and taking down awnings to prevent wind and water pooling damage. The sun seems to be coming around and the wind has died down so maybe we will get outside after all.

Really no biggie for the two of us to spend a day inside when necessary though - very comfy accommodations. Enjoyed the latest batch of yogurt this morning - yes my IP is with me!  Missing my espresso machine a bit but Nespresso capsules are filling the gap. Oh and as you'd expect, I brought way too many clothes and shoes with me! As the 'old life' falls away, I seem to require a lot less. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Shel25
on 7/9/16 12:07 pm

Linda, happy late birthday!

I am enjoying your glamping reports --- they will have to do now that my RV vacation is over!

I did think about you as I assessed the amount of room available in our cabinetry.  Even after a couple of weeks in the RV, I realize that I could likely further distill my clothing down even further.  And, we never did find a great way to store 3 people's shoes/boots.

I thought about bringing IP with me but that would have meant shipping and I just didn't want the hassle.  I was shocked at how much yogurt I had to buy!  

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

diane S.
on 7/9/16 1:17 pm

Bonjour Barriatric Buddies;

Sounds like all kinds of adventures are unfolding. Love the travel stuff and picture. Carbon we will all "will" that knee to heal. 

Puppy got some shots yesterday and was paraded all over the vet clinic as the cutest thing ever.  Of course. 

So today we went to see Dr. Cirangle. He kind of makes a mini vacation of coming up to our remote area and brings his wife and dog.  Well I weigh exactly the same as last time. 131.5. He thinks I should weight 125. I do too but just can't get that worked up about it. Guess I should. Hubby is another matter. He has gained weight and eats crackers. Dr. is hoping his sister's unexpected death will help him change. Even though she had lost weight she still had 50 years of eating crap and junk and he things all that stuff creates cancer plus the extra weight results in higher estrogen, causing female cancers which is what she had. 

Dr. also says that a couple of times a year he and his wife go on this veggie juice cleanse where for 3 days you have nothing but veggie juice, no solid food, and get your protein from the Healthwise tomato soup.  He says he loses 7 pounds. Its his latest kick and he thinks its a good jump start for anyone with regain. I think we are going to do it. He gets this stuff called Fresh Pressed that they sell at juice stores but we don't have it here. We do have all kinds of other hippie stuff or it we could make our own.  Not sure I can do it but will try. Anyway, going to research it more. Has anybody tried this?

Well, not much planned for today. Probably studio visit and ignoring household chores. Maybe just some laundry.

Peace and health all.  Diane S.

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Shel25
on 7/9/16 2:05 pm

Is he doing the cleanse for the 7 lbs or just because he believes in a twice yearly cleanse?

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

diane S.
on 7/9/16 2:15 pm

I don't really know.  I know he does watch his weight carefully and does have to work at keeping it normal. He doesn't believe that its to get rid of toxins or such. Its more a jumpstart to get back to healthy eating habits for having strayed a bit.  The brand is Pressing Juicery  or something like that. They have stores you can go get the fresh stuff or order on line. Not cheap.  But we have a local juice place that does similar things.  He says have to stick the the green stuff and not stuff with all the pineapple and sweet fruits.    Diane s

Shel25
on 7/9/16 6:12 pm

I did a vege cleanse at the request of a naturopath back when I was in cancer treatment.  She specialized in oncology and was doing research into how alternative medicine affects outcomes.  Besides being a naturopath, she had a PhD and was working with a local traditional cancer research center.

But, heck if I can remember what the vege cleanse was specifically for --- it wasn't for her research.  Probably more along the line of getting rid of toxins.

I made my own, too.  After a couple of days, I had a small apple when I was at a grocery store picking up more vege's.  Lordy, that small bit of apple threw my bowels into a tizzy even before I left the store.  She had warned me that could happen if I added too many fast carbs, too fast......I just didn't believe it.  

diane S.
on 7/9/16 7:22 pm

Interesting about the cleanse. Dr. C regards it as a body reset. but *****ally knows.

BTY someone commented about seeing him on a Saturday. Yes he drives up here every few months and sees patients at the office of a gastroenterologist on a Saturday. He brings his wife and dog and I suspect he  regards it as a mini vacation. He likes the area. Probably a total tax write off. Good for him. I always tell him places to go and see.  I showed him the news article on my art show and told him places to go around there. He always has some new good insights and told me he never gets tired of talking to people about what they eat.  I sure would.   Diane S.

stephanieplum
on 7/9/16 4:30 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

157.4# That's down a little more.  My food is on point and still doing shakes for dinner.  Tonight, I had a shake and roasted veggies.  I need to chew!  I'll have a snack before bed, too. 

Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend.  

We had a massage this morning, went to lunch, grocery shopped and ran a few more errands.  I bought a Corkcicle Thermos today.  My trainer has one and it's something I can throw in my bag for school or my gym bag and not worry about spillage.  I think I'm going to like it.

Get well thoughts for Carbon and Diane.  My mom is having knee issues and I'm taking her to the doctor next week.  Hoping it is an easy fix!!  

I just love all the vacation adventures.  When Andy turns 50, it's going to be a hard decision between Alaska and Hawaii. He has plenty of time...lol

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!!

ocean4dlm
on 7/9/16 4:58 pm - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

It has been a struggle. Today is my third day on IV Ancef. I was originally dosed for every eight hours. Blood pressure and temperature are now holding in acceptable ranges. My   leg    is       still    huge.   Yesterday the redness spread by a third.  Today, I have developed an oozing wound.  I'm now doing Ancef every six hours. Blood tests confirm that the infection has NOT traveled to my blood.

I am a long way from being released.  I may well have had my last swim for the summer. Wound care is such a long term process.  I am not in a happy, peaceful place.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!