VSG Maintenance Group

Friday, July 15th

Paula1965
on 7/15/16 3:42 am
VSG on 04/01/15

125.6 - up .2. I was the slothful one yesterday - less then 5,000 steps. I was just so darned tired all day!

Up and at em' early this morning. Have to be at work at 6:30 am.

Happy Friday everyone!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

carbondated
on 7/15/16 3:57 am

Morning everyone and welcome Izzy and Margareta.  

The honesty about the green-eyed monster was refreshing. 

First (yet again ) sugar free day yesterday with only 6,000 steps.  I miss striding out so very much.

happy Friday!!!!

Spencerella
on 7/15/16 8:15 am, edited 7/15/16 1:15 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Morning all!  Good day of riding/traveling yesterday. And so wonderful to reconnect with our western Canada/U.S. Triumph motorcycle family last night. Riding with them this morning, then off to the hot springs with friends for the afternoon and dinner with them this evening.

Our feline fella has had a return of the eye issue, so injecting him twice daily with antihistamines for safe keeping. We need to knock this allergy out.

We have a gorgeous camping spot and for once it's unbelievably cheap! Oh yeah scale is catching up with so many questionable choices.  It's at 114. Not red zone by any means, but considerably more than I weighed two weeks ago. 

Oh - guess what just flashed up on my screen?  IT'S SHEL'S BIRTHDAY!!!!  Best wishes to you my friend for today and the skinny year ahead of you.

peace out

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/16 9:07 am

Happy Birthday, Shel! 

Reasonably good food day yesterday. Roughly 1400 calories (can't remember the exact #). After my busy day I was not up for a full workout. I just felt tired, but I did want to do something physical so I got 3.6 miles in on the elliptical, which equalled 6700 strides. That did feel good. I chuckled when the machine told me I had burned 560 calories. Oh, I wish! 

Scale down to 210.4 

I noticed today that Linda's signature has her BMI listed as 21. (Awesome!) That triggered me to look at the chart again. My umpteenth look at the BMI chart added yet another nail into the lack of validity of this chart as a decent measurement. So, you can be a slightly built woman of 5'2" and still have a normal BMI at 136 pounds. (My mom was very muscular and broad shouldered, but only 5'2". At 135 she was definitely overweight.) Add 5 inches to that height and leave the weight the same and guess what? It's still a normal BMI! Um, yeah, no. Pretty f'd up methodology if you are 1. a man, and 2. truly heavy boned and muscular. Body fat percentage truly is the way to go, I think. (I have to get over my bitterness about the damn BMI. LOL! Dr. C who is a BIG stickler for the BMI thought that me trying to weigh less than 190 was ridiculous, and then I reminded him of my height and he got the most befuddled look on his face!)

Off my soapbox.

Have two dogs to trim this morning (little Norwich Terriers) and a training session at 4:30. In between I have to get Ella stripped out before she goes back to the handler's kennel this weekend. Will miss my girl. It's going to be a long haul without her - 3+ months.

Must go ponder my insanity! Linda, I think maybe in the food department of disordered thinking my craziness outranks yours!   

diane S.
on 7/15/16 10:17 am

Greetings nice people

Well, 130.5 today. Maybe the green drinks are helping. Tried the second one with apple in it and it still tasted pretty bad. 70 calories. The one I got at the juice bar tasted much better but can't do the $8 every day. Will keep searching for the right veggie drink.  I don't think I can stand the 3 day cleanse but some veggie drinks seems like a good idea in general. 

Well the house siders are finishing up and taking loads of old siding to the dump. Trash disposal is expensive here so its gonna cost us. 

Jeez my phone rang off the hook this morning. Don't these people know I am a morning slug?  

Pesky pup is now trying to get our 15 year old dog to play with her. Old Liza is having none of that. She had 7 puppies of her own and is done with that. 

I can walk pesky pup over a mile now so thats good for both of us. Used to walk the old girl more than that but she can't do more than a few blocks so I take her first and then bring her back and get the Tesla terror. Hubby takes dad Chip for his longer walk. We live in a dog house. 

Have fun all you vacationers and Happy Birthday Shel!  And welcome new people. Please chime in and introduce yourselves. 

Time for more coffee. Good grief, what is that puppy chewing up now?   Thinking of you Ocean Diane and hope you are home.   Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

stephanieplum
on 7/15/16 10:23 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Good Morning! My Lovelies!!!!  Just finished a session with my trainer at the Y.  Didn't push too hard.  I'm tired today.  However, I'm getting ready to mow soon before Andy gets home from band camp.  Food on point.

Don't even get me started on the BMI chart.  lol. I saw a shirt today at the Y that read YOU vs. YOU.  That to me is really the bottom line. (When you can see past the green monster...lol)

Hope kitty improves, Linda!! And, hoping Diane is home from the hospital.   

Happy Friday!!!