VSG Maintenance Group

Wednesday, 8-10-16

LeapSecond
on 8/10/16 5:28 am - AR

Wt 218 same.  Calories 1433 Better choices but room to improve big time.  We have a fig tree and the figs are in.  I pick one up and my elbow bends.  If I could keep from picking them up, maybe. 

I have the mower part torn down.  Parts are arriving today.  Hope I can remember how it all goes back together.  Hopefully then I can mow. That will be good for 1000 steps.

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

ocean4dlm
on 8/10/16 6:39 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

124's

The mowing company came yesterday, and their 56" deck didn't fit through my double gate, so they cancelled the contract.  Hmpf !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/16 8:54 am

Get a regular yard man rather than a company. I have had much better luck with a free lance yard man. He is less expensive and does a much better job. He will do sprinkler repair, seasonal work (leaves in the fall, creek cleaning in the spring, etc...). I pay $30 a week. Well worth it. I can't find a company to come for less than $60! 

LeapSecond
on 8/10/16 10:23 am - AR

That is too bad about the canceled contract.  I guess you could have the fence people put in a bigger gate.  I have to really watch when I get in my back yard fence.  It is tight.  

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

carbondated
on 8/10/16 6:46 am

Morning all

and welcome newcomers.   We would love to have you join our daily discussions.

a way better day yesterday as far as food goes, steps still very limited.

enjoy this Wed.   Have fun with the mower assembly.   And can't get the machine through the gate eh?    Hmmmmmmm.

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/16 9:18 am

Down a little over a pound. Water was good and I am transitioning back to good eats! Was not up to a full on WL mode switch. 

Got started in on the garage. Yes, the two big procrastinators waited until the END of SUMMER to get this project done! LOL! We made a good dent yesterday, but it will take the rest of the week, I'm sure. I've decided to call Junk King to come haul it all away. It would take me several trips to the dump and as it is we will be driving things to two charities, two schools, and 3 churches so I don't mind having someone else take care of the junk we are throwing away. 

Shrink session was good. She said I look relaxed and seemed to be, as well. I mentioned that my sane aunt told me I needed to "stop that" when it came to my schedule during the school year (you know the whole working 7 days a week and working after school...). The shrink laughed and told me she couldn't have said it any better. Food for thought. 

Speaking of food, we also talked about the rules I came up with. She finds the rules to be okay, especially since I seem to be going into it with a different attitude - not just about losing weight, but really trying to learn to get off the up down cycle and understand and reduce, if not alleviate the craving situation altogether. I'm not quite ready to take the full on plunge, but am gearing up for it. I have an Alzheimers charity event on Saturday at which I volunteered to help. It's a big food and wine thing that my sister in law organizes every year. I think once that event is out of the way, I'll get on with it. 

Now I can imagine that a few of you are shaking your heads and thinking, "You know Devon, there is always something that comes up, always an excuse to delay, so you might as well just get on it." I agree with you. However, in all honesty I am not 100% ready to dive in head first. If I'm not ready, I will fail. I know it's coming. I just have to finish wrapping my head around it.

Hope you all enjoy your day. I am hoping that mine is productive, positive and pain free. I wish the same to all of you!  

Shel25
on 8/10/16 10:23 am

Up a pound, me thinks as much earned as extra fluid. Time to get more structure in diet which is much more difficult here at home.  I have tried to see this as opportunity to learn how to do structure when at home but so far haven't been able to make it work in any any consistently.  I am not giving up.

Summer feels like it is winding down....enjoy these lovely days.

Protect the skinny!  

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Kudzu
on 8/10/16 10:55 am
VSG on 07/28/16

Good day to everyone here. I want to thank all of you again for the warm welcome and kindness extended to the newbie. I'm enjoying reading all of you. 

My energy has dipped again today, so after my walk, I obeyed my body and got a little extra sleep this morning. I'm really hoping to push through this because I have to go back to work next week and I want to be ready for the 12+ hr days.

I took advantage of 5 dollar Tuesday yesterday at our local theater and went to see "Nine Lives" with Kevin Spacey. It was such a funny movie. I enjoyed it thoroughly. The rest of my day was spent peeking into a few antique shops, but no purchases were made. I made my dh a nice low country boil for dinner and he shared his lobster with me. It was just okay, but a bit stringy, so I was afraid to eat much of it. Bless him, he's been such a trooper through my pre and post-op phases. It's nice to be able to cook for him again.

Today, I will begin a new book and just do my things around the house.

Wishing all over you an excellent Wednesday!

diane S.
on 8/10/16 11:37 am

Greetings Skinny Olympians

I've been enjoying watching the games more than I expected. Of course they edit and only show the good stuff in the evenings but thats ok. 130.5 today. Wonder what boxing class that would put me in.  Way too fat to be a gymnast. Not to mention too old and too klutzy. 

Yum fresh figs. They can't be that high in calories. 

Well my hubby is the so called lawn man here. In the summer we get no rain and the yard doesn't grow much. Winter is another story. 

Dog Chip survived his neutering and dental just fine. He was pronounced very healthy. Not happy about wearing the "cone head" but we got an inflatable one rather than the plasti**** cream cone one. And got the drivers license renewed - only took 20 min. New picture of me minus 120 lbs. 

Well gallery work this afternoon and then board meeting. Keep on truckin' everyone.   Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Spencerella
on 8/10/16 12:06 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Hello friends. No weight to report this morning because I didn't get nekkid. Food has been pretty much on point for maintaining, but wine consumption was a little higher than 'optimal'.

DH is driving DD home today. We enjoyed having her but it's hard for me to witness her continued and well, growing, level of dysfunction. She will likely never be fully independent from us, but it's hard to know what if anything we can do to help. So many issues it's hard not to get caught up in my own sadness, fear and grief. Not to suggest that we alone are the cause of her continued issues when she is soon turning 34, but it's clear we failed her in some deep way/s early on, even though that was clearly not our intention. No we weren't the worst parents, and we certainly made efforts that others may not have, but nevertheless the deficits are real and run deep.

Not much else to add with this heaviness weighing me down today. Life, right? Fortunately the food is not calling me and I have many strategies to help me stay that way.

All the best

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0