VSG Maintenance Group

Friday , 8-26-16

LeapSecond
on 8/26/16 3:39 am - AR

TGIF where does the week go? 

Wt 217.8 up 1 down 4 then up 1 for 4 days.  I don't feel like I am making progress.  Maybe I'll drop tomorrow. Calories 969.  Woke up early this morning, back to my norm. I have had a killer head ache over the past 3-4 days.  Maybe it was something viral messing with my sleep and head and now has run the course.   Calories were great yesterday because I worked through lunch and afternoon snack.  I have a tendency to graze so I watch the clock to put off eating.  Yesterday I was lost in time and got really MT so ate early diner.  I wolfed it down too quick.  Uncomfortable for a while but is kinda nice to know the restriction is still there in a major way.   I have always been in a race while eating. Old habits die hard.

I have seen one owl around here.  It was on a neighbor's property.  We have an unusual number of red tailed hawks.  Very few squirrels because the hawks pluck the baby squirrels from the nest.  I have been a bird fan for years.  We have a humming bird feeder on the front porch.  They will let me get close enough that I can feel the wind off their wings.  They are pretty cool to watch battling each other over possession of the feeder.

Y'all have a great day!

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Hkinzfnp
on 8/26/16 6:43 am

Good morning!

146.8 today, down a smidge.  

Leap, do you think that your headache yesterday was from skipping meals?  Make sure and fuel your body!!  Glad it seems better.

I'm off today before working the weekend.  Errands to run and planning to make a batch of stuffed peppers so I have some easy meals ready for work over the next week.  Hate taking kids to the grocery store but here in Maine they don't start school til after Labor Day!  Of course there's always soccer practice to get the kids to and from.  Will try to squeeze in a run later but if not tomorrow.

Hope you all make the best of another beautiful day in your beautiful bodies!!

Heather 

Highest Weight: 268 pounds.  Surgery Weight 248 pounds.  Current Weight 142 pounds.  VSG 8/24/15 with Dr. Havaleshko

ocean4dlm
on 8/26/16 6:55 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

134 on the nose. Have the big compression wrap on... struggling with retention.  Eating has been on plan.  House is more under control... one moment at a time. Sending positive owl energy.

Diane

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

carbondated
on 8/26/16 7:10 am

Good morning to us all and to the owls,owlets, hummingbirds and other feathered friends.

good food day with 7 888 steps.

day off today so am going outside to weed and weed and weed.  Also to rejoice that the carpenter ants are chewing no more.  I had a satelite colony apparently with their Queen,  being the dictator that she is , safely out in the bush somewhere.  Hard to mourn the death of destructive ants.  

Happy Friday!!

Shel25
on 8/26/16 8:15 am

124 today.  Feeling fab because back to being in the bottom of my target range.  My "wait at least 3 hours between eating" is going well.  I am finding that I am allowing before bedtime eating because that is usually 3-4 hours after dinner.  I don't love the idea of a eating before bed habit but letting it go for now. 

Lots of steps yesterday. I am looking forward to slowly adding other physical activities and refocusing on 2016 being the year of improving fitness.  Heaven knows that I refuse to vacuum before official MD clearance.  The MD had previously ok'd leg/arm activities when I was ready so I think it is ok to add some yoga stretches for those areas.

Can't wait for owlet update.  We have hummingbirds year around as well and feel the joy of their wings.  And they do battle each other!  Dave, you mentioned the other day that you had African Grays back in the day?  We have one who mimics me.  Decades ago as  Peace Corps volunteer I lived in their home environment but never noticed them. 

Happy Friday!

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Ms. Poker Face
on 8/26/16 8:19 am

180 today.  Unexpectedly low.  Not sure what is going on with all the swings, but at least this one is in the right direction.  In the last 32 days, I have lost 10 pounds.  I'm extremely happy about that.  It's funny what sticking to the plan will do for you.  :)

Wine tasting with friends tonight.

Pool party tomorrow.

Doing stuff at home on Sunday.

Enjoy your weekend, all!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Shel25
on 8/26/16 8:30 am

The Scale Goddess smiles upon you!  But of course you did all the work...good job!

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Spencerella
on 8/26/16 9:51 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

That's an excellent scale result!  Congrats on getting all the work done to get there!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Spencerella
on 8/26/16 9:45 am, edited 8/26/16 2:48 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Morning all. Happy Friday!  

I'm at 114 again. Haven't been completely sure of my scale since we've been in the RV due to the weekly moves and leveling, which is never the same, I'm sure. Also I've had to store the scale on its side in our little space so not sure how that's affected it over time either.

Nevertheless, I assume that the numbers serve as a reasonable approximation of what I'm doing over time. At the very least, I stand on it and take a moment to account for my behaviour, which I suppose is the ultimate goal, isn't it!

Feeling a little lonely and bored with DH back to work, amplified by the poor weather which keeps me inside and disconnected from my beloved Violet. Even Bailee is bored, so is eating his daily food in the first few hours it is offered. He then sleeps with his head in the dish, hoping/dreaming something else will turn up there. Yup, same problem same result. 

Dave, congrats on kicking that yogurt and nuts issue to the curb!  That must have been really tough so again I want to commend you for that. Like you, I'm surprised you aren't seeing better results on the scale with the low calorie levels you consume most days. Good for you for not throwing in the towel. That takes strength.

Other than what you've indicated may very well be connected to your thyroid levels/meds, I can say from experience that sometimes it takes time for our bodies to learn to start letting weight go.  But when it does, it seems to keep going that way.  Hang in there  

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/16 10:45 am

Friday is here! The teacher is doing the happy dance!

David, I'm thinking in your case it might be best to look at your overall trend, rather than the day today fluctuations. Just a thought. And major congrats on kicking your yogurt/nut habit. That takes work and dedication. 

Poker, what a fantastic loss for the month! I'd be proud of myself for that accomplishment! Hats off to you!

Shel, the bedtime eating is a thing, isn't it? I have discovered I have difficulty with transitional times (I used to smoke at each transition). I have a goal, too, of eventually being able to pop off to bed without wanting/needing/having a little bite of something. I can easily get an extra 100-200 calories in just before bed. Not a good thing at all.

Diane O., you are in a very tricky situation with your weight. I would certainly understand if you were internally panicky right now. Please try to remember that the scale is reflecting a medical issue, not your eating or your real body weight.

Linda, sorry the boredom has set in. That is never, never easy. 

Me, I'm the same as yesterday and the day before. I'm stable. I looked at my belly yesterday and took stock of what I saw. It didn't bother me, per se, on an emotional level at all (big win!), but I knew it was not reflective of where I want to be. I am truly preparing for the switch to WL mode. I do believe getting a handle on my trigger issues these past two weeks has helped my move into WL mode with no anxiety.

Yesterday was a hungry day. Not sure what was going on other than being physically and emotionally tired from this first week of school. Honestly, from about 3:00 pm on, all I wanted to do was eat, eat, and eat some more. It took an awful lot of self talk and a little relaxation on my planned eating (I allowed myself ½ and extra protein bar and some crackers to make it through without bingeing.

Regular Friday night out with Ron and BFF. Sort of a relaxed weekend with only one client, which will allow me to reenergize. Will spend some time on Sunday planning food for the week, so I have plenty of available protein to assist the move into WL.