VSG Maintenance Group

Sunday, 9/11

Shel25
on 9/11/16 7:39 am

121's (dehydrated, I think)  food, steps and YOGA were on point yesterday.  I am still a bit giddy that I am released to be active --- so many things to do!

But, the big news is that I found an adult family home for my MIL that I think she will like.  The home is beautiful, staff nice and it comes with great references.  There is a doctor that comes to the house that will be her PCP and he bills to medicare.  It meets my MIL's requests to have a place that has a nice view out the rooms, a patio, a place to walk and people that she can chat with.  

Carbon, you know how you want to bake but it isn't such a good idea?  My gateway to baking is cooking more and more complicated VSG friendly recipes. I have been feeling the pull of the kitchen and recipe books.  I am going to try to be a Thin Woman, and not ignore the urge, but also not take it further than what fits my plan.  

While it isn't a national holiday, I am sure that it will be a somber day as 9/11 is remembered.  

Hug your skinny today, my friends.  

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/16 9:50 am

Hi all,

Odd that the west coasters are posting today before those on the east coast or mid west. 

Still in the 215s, but up a few tenths. My food was not really on point yesterday at dinner, but not horrendous either. I had a 1/2 sandwich and small salad from Panera Bread.

Yesterday was a day when I had to get out of Dodge. I needed a break from the routine and home and Ron. Ron had committed to doing services at church yesterday evening, so I went up to Petaluma to visit with friends at the dog show and it was good to take the pup along for more dog show experience. (He didn't quite know what hit him when I put him in a pen and all the other dogs came out of the truck and into the pens next to him. He was a bit anxious, but settled into it like a secure little pup and fence played with a Beagle and a Grand Basset Griffon Vandeen - essentially a hairy Basset Hound.) By the time I got home and the pup fed his dinner it was close to 10:00. The head hunger kicked in and it was hard to not nibble. I was at least honest with Ron about it, which always helps me deal with it. Once I speak it, the head hunger seems to lose some of it's grip. After I had my yogurt and before I went to bed we split a Skinny Cow. So the damage wasn't too bad, but I still would like to not feel the pull to eat when I am tired and out of sorts. 

I am not a baker, thank goodness. However, when I want to be creative in the kitchen I always tend towards the sauces and rich, delicious European foods. I challenge myself to adapt favorites into VSG friendly dishes. Last week I made a homemade no nut, no cheese pesto which I smeared on grilled chicken breasts and then melted little fresh mozzarella balls over them. Topped those with carmelized onions and roasted cherry tomatoes (for Ron - no tomatoes for me!). I felt like I was eating "gourmet" but it was seriously on point. 

Today is a day for remembrance. As a nation we still have a long way to go to restore our faith in humanity and quell our fears of those who are different from us. If I were to pray for anything today it would be for the fear to be taken away and be replaced with logic, kindness, and compassion. 

Shel25
on 9/11/16 10:05 am

Later today I am going to look up a picture of that hairy basset hound for sure!  

I am prepared to make carmelized onions in iP later today.

I was thinking about you this morning as I read this study review --- I think it matches your personal experience: 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/11/well/eat/how-to-stop-your- food-cravings.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fhea lth&action=click&contentCollection=health®ion=rank&module =package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectio nfront

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/16 1:51 pm

It sure does! Nice to know there's a little science to back it up! 

stephanieplum
on 9/11/16 10:38 am
VSG on 06/27/12

155's# Yesterday, it was my turn to throw up and have intestinal distress.  Today, a little better but not feeling great.  I just may have a tummy bug ...who knows. 

Takin' easy today...

Shel...glad you found a place for your MIL.  

Hey! Devon! I'm loving you can ate half a sandwich. I love Panera  Bread!  Wish we had one close.  And, then again maybe not!

Take care all!!

diane S.
on 9/11/16 11:09 am

Hey skinny people

130.5 still.  Oh well, can't complain. Made spaghetti squash last night. pretty good with a bit of cheese and spaghetti sauce. 

So lets all think back to 9-11 and remember our thoughts and shock and be glad we are safe. Many were not so lucky. The director of a nature preserve out here was on United 93. The preserve is now named for him.

Its also my great nephew's birthday. He is two. What a day to be born. He is a hoot - smart, busy and seldom fussy. Got to see him on this trip back.

Still obsessing about the paint colors and trying to get my mom's crazy friend cared for. Faxing POA to banks and such. Catching up on my own bills and paper work. Gotta get mail forwarded. Then there is all the gallery checks and banking. 

Tesla the wonder dog is cute as can be. Mellowing out from total puppy hellion even though I have to keep pulling junk out of her mouth. Her bite is definitely good (by that I mean the way her teeth have come in, she is not allowed to bite people) and her ears are setting up just fine. I need to spend more time on her manners, of which she has almost none. 

Been craving mexican food lately. Guess I will check out Frisco's healthy tacos.  A nearby place has a ceviche tostada that is quite good and healthy if you skip the crispy tortilla. (best part).

Well another day, another greek yogurt and a few zillion messes to pick up. I moved a bunch of hubby's tools into the shed and I don't think he noticed.  Diane S

P.S. Devon, tell me when you are going to shows in Petaluma or Santa Rosa area. We could meet up. 

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/16 1:36 pm

Will do. Is Napa a good location for you, too? I know it's a bit farther than Petaluma for you, but there is a great little show in Napa in November.