VSG Maintenance Group

Oct 4. Tues

carbondated
on 10/4/16 6:54 am

good morning and welcome to our new members.    We are so pleased that you are with us as we can hold each other up as we walk this road.    

You will find that there is no condemnation on this board for the days that are not perfect.   We are all learning.

soooo yesterday was a good food day with steps 5999.     And the rain poureth

have a wonderful Tuesday!

diane S.
on 10/4/16 10:06 am

Well here I am at 132. Rats.  

Hey where is everyone? I am usually late.

Breeder of Tesla is coming to take a look at her today.  I think she looks good but her behavior is less than ideal. She seems to think we live in an outhouse. Gotta get the carpets cleaned before Halloween. 

Sprinkling and overcast so the painter can't finish up. 

Spent last night fighting with hubby's pc which i use for gallery checks. I sold a lot this month so want to get those out.

Gotta get moving. Winter rain will make it hard.   Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/16 1:59 pm

Hey guys, where is everyone today? I am quite late, so I'm surprised to see only Carbon and Diane S. having posted so far today. Hope everyone is well. 

Saw shrink yesterday. After a short conversation (maybe 10-15 minutes) she pegged me as depressed. She explained that because of everything that surrounded Lucy's death, I wasn't simply going through grief. Dealing with Ron, different crematoriums, the cluster F*&k at the vet hospital, and so on brought the emotional taxation to another level. I'm very good at holding things in, but not so much at letting go of emotions. So, my homework is to work on that - letting out some of the feelings. She also asked me to set a food goal for the time we are back east. The only thing I knew I could keep was a promise of getting adequate protein. So that's my goal - protein, protein, protein while I'm away. 

Got a letter back from the vet hospital administrator. It was apologetic and was signed by the administrator, the attending vet, and the medical director. I was pleased that the attending vet accepted responsibility for the situation (to the extent that he could). It was satisfying that since my letter was quite succinct they were "admittedly shocked" by "vivid" recount of events and not at all happy about the peripheral care Lucy got. It's sort of surprising to me, too, because it's been my experience that the LVNs and RNs and techs are far more compassionate and willing to bend to patient requests than the vets themselves. I'm glad I can begin to put that piece behind me now. I have been heard and acknowledged.

Scale saga continued: Got an email apologizing and telling me another scale has been ordered and will ship. Hope I have it by next week. Not holding my breath!

Not sure when I will check in again. I'm excited about the Nationals on Sunday. I got a text from the handlers telling me that Ella looks beautiful. That communication is out of the ordinary, so I'm pleased by the good sign.

Best to all!

stephanieplum
on 10/4/16 5:43 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

Enjoy your trip!!!  I'm glad you have some closure with the hospital.  Maybe by the time you get home, you'll have a scale:)

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/16 5:47 pm

Thanks, Lesa! I am indeed looking forward to a scale again. I am being silly about digging my feet in about not spending money on a new scale, but I figure $50 is $50 and they should stand behind their products. I'm glad that they do! 

Hkinzfnp
on 10/4/16 4:20 pm

141.8.  Up from yesterday but I am slowly learning to accept anything within my 140-145 range.  8 need to make peace with the fact that I don't need constant weight loss to be happy.  Maintenance is fine too!  I signed up for my first 5k race last night.  It's in a few weeks and I'm both excited and nervous.  I think it's good for me to have a goal that's not scale related.

Totally stinky day at work!!  I only gave into the temptation to stress eat (graham crackers with big dab of peanut butter) once.  Tomorrow is a new day.

Hope all are well!!!

Heather

Highest Weight: 268 pounds.  Surgery Weight 248 pounds.  Current Weight 142 pounds.  VSG 8/24/15 with Dr. Havaleshko

stephanieplum
on 10/4/16 5:44 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

Hope tomr is better!!!

stephanieplum
on 10/4/16 5:41 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

157's#. My grazing has caught with me. I'm dialing it back a bit.  I'm finding the need to have something constantly in my mouth.  I've taking a liking to Fire Balls...My rationalization is they keep mt from eating the bad stuff...ha!  Such lies I tell to myself!

Welcome new comers....this is a great place to hang out.

Love to all!

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/16 5:45 pm

Fire Balls????? Do tell! 

stephanieplum
on 10/4/16 6:27 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

They are cinnamon jaw breakers:)