VSG Maintenance Group

Sat... Oct 8th

carbondated
on 10/8/16 2:49 am

confession time.   A very lousy awful horrible no good food day.   I betcha calories were over 2500.  At some point stopped counting.

not sure why, well, yes I really do know and it is a combination of outrage, and just plain unbelief that I could and am being treated like this.  ( work situation, much younger colleague who has not one clue  and virtually no tongue -guard.  Sadly am not the only one whom they have mightily annoyed, a wonderful long term volunteer will not be back.   Management has been told again and again but because the person has some amazing skills in certain areas they have turned a blind eye to the people part of the equation.   And to be totally fair, young person does have many excellent qualities but in  dealing with us 'older folk' they do not shine )

I hate conflict of any kind but of course who is the loser (or in this case "gainer" )

but at least have slept and that certainly helps.  

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.  

Hope that you all have a good weekend.  

LeapSecond
on 10/8/16 5:02 am - AR

Carbon, Sorry you had such a lousy eating day.  The majority of my life I worked for myself.  Didn't have to deal with someone else messing up my work environment.  But working for the public you have lots of bosses.  Always a trade off.  Hope your eating day is better today.

WT  219.4 1300 Cal

I rushed around yesterday and forgot to weigh.  Worked on my tractor and got it running again. Hydraulic line broke. I have never been much of a mechani****il this tractor.  Just can't afford to pay someone else to work on it.  Mowing hopefully the last time of the year.  We are getting our normal August day weather in October  warm and dry.  The cool nights are normal October and nice.  Down in the 50's.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Paula1965
on 10/8/16 7:06 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Oh man Carbon, sorry about the work situation. That has to be tough. Today is a new day!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Paula1965
on 10/8/16 7:13 am
VSG on 04/01/15

124.8 today. Restriction has been excellent which is good since food choices only so-so. We were going to go to our fav fish place for dinner last night but the wait was too long so we went to DQ instead. I ordered a fish sandwich (which I planned on splitting with DS #3) and a small Blizzard. Ate the 1/2 sandwich, one onion ring and was only able to get about 4 bites of the Blizzard in before tummy was saying STOP! DH ate the rest of the Blizzard and I was fully content with what I had had!

Making homemade applesauce today. Two different patients brought me in huge bags of apples yesterday. Guess it was a bummer crop year for apples and people just don't know what to do with them all! The boys love my applesauce. It will be a nice treat for our first weekend in the new house!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Shel25
on 10/8/16 7:56 am

Oh Carbon, I am sorry for your tough day and that it the issue wasn't resolved and it will be back.  I hope young person eventually has the sense to accept some feedback.  Lack of people skills eventually bites everyone, including the offender. 

122 today, a welcome number because I am still po'd that I didn't get to go to a particular yoga class yesterday.  Very middle school response on my part but a real feeling so I put it out there.  

DD and DH had a blow out yesterday. Both reacted in an over the top manner to common teenage problem:  filthy teenage bathroom and bedroom.  Teenager doesn't ever really clean it even tho she claims she did.  DH called her names including the B word and then (worse) tried to say she forced him to say it.  She certainly pushes buttons, but, in the words of Mike Pence "come on!"  

I wasn't home during the confrontation and as soon as I arrive they tried to get me on their respective sides.  Personally, I think we all (including me) need to behave differently to get different outcomes.  

DH left the house in a huff soon after I got home to get a break in atmosphere.   I didn't want to leave DD alone in fear that she would take off (she already had a friend offering to pick her up) or worse (threats of suicide in the past.)  The last time they had a blow up I ended up paying a terrible price which still baffles me, even after a summer of counseling.  I am afraid of what today might bring.  The last time this happened I thought it would blow over over-night and I was absolutely wrong.  I do know that I can not personally control he situation (drats!) 

So 122's which is good.  My usual weekend breakfast has provided satiety.  And the others won't be up for hours.  Bliss.  Fingers crossed for rest of day/evening. 

Peace and hope, 

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Paula1965
on 10/8/16 1:04 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Oh man Shel, sorry for the issues on the home front. Parenting teens is sooooooo difficult!

diane S.
on 10/8/16 11:28 am

Greetings Good People

131 again. Better than a gain.

So sorry for the work stress and home stress thats going on for some of us. Its really rough to be in a stressful environment that doesn't seem to have a way out. Stuff like this probably led most of us to overeat. We are all thinking of you and sending you mental messages that eating won't fix the problem. 

Wish I had better de-stress suggestions. Sometimes all the usual stuff like take a bubble bath, do a hobby, pet a puppy or whatever seem so trite. Maybe we should all work on some more unusual stress relievers. Lord knows we can all use them. 

Sunny day here so dog walk here we come. Got a good one in yesterday and my fitbit  must have wondered what was up as I got in a reasonable (not great) number of steps which was better than my usual slug level. 

Spent hours on the phone with tech support due to computer problems at the gallery. Made more complicated by the fact that I need to talk to someone in Florida and the hurricane is on the way. Hope none of you are affected by the hurricane. We all ought to donate the price of a donut binge to the relief efforts. 

Well Dave you have many talents. I could not fix any machinery if my life depended on it. In fact my DH says I should be an electronics tester since I find so many ways to mess them up.     Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/