VSG Maintenance Group

Monday October 17

JoeyJo
on 10/17/16 11:45 am - NJ

Thank you.  Very well-said and just what I needed to hear. 

Spencerella
on 10/17/16 12:07 pm, edited 10/17/16 5:20 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Hey family. I'm still at 113, a loss which I think may be at least partially attributed to the new work related exercise for this normally slothful person. However I can't say I find much difference with or without 'exercise'. I checked my steps on my Apple Watch and see that I'm doing 12,000-17,000 on workdays. Of course nothing on other days lol

Just came back from my three year medical tests for the longitudinal study I'm part of. I weighed two pounds less than three years ago, so I'm super proud of myself for maintaining so consistently. They did a full dexa scan but results will come after radiologist compares bone density results to three years ago.  I think they will include body fat results. Hope so!

I'm hoping to be a slug the rest of the day. Super tired!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

diane S.
on 10/17/16 12:07 pm

Greetings my favorite peeps

131.5  Finally the sun is out after several days of serious rain. 

So several dog toys are soaking wet from someone taking them out side. Put them in the dryer. One is a rope toy that made a lot of noise in the dryer. That set off barking by the little brat dog. Had to put them on the shoe shelf in the dryer. Then she began chewing up plastic chairs on the deck. Only another year or so of this behavior. Gotta get to work on this little naughty critter.

Made ground chicken into a sort of taco salad without any tacos. Not too bad. 

Well sounds like everyone is hanging in there with the maintenance thing. Seems like its a full time job where you are also always on call. 

Keep the Faith.  Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/16 12:45 pm

Moose antlers are a god send! They are softer than elk antlers and won't break the puppy's teeth. Ace gnawed on a "moose beam" on and off all day yesterday because he was bored because of all the rain. There is a website called GotAntler.com. It's a little operation run by one woman and the service is not always great, but you can't beat her prices. Here's a link to the moose antler page:  https://www.gotantler.com/collections/moose-antlers

Neesie57
on 10/17/16 4:11 pm, edited 10/17/16 9:12 am
VSG on 08/04/15

Busy day today, because I'm trying to get everything done by Thursday, shoulder surgery day.  My co-worker and I will be running a quilting retreat on Oct. 29th and 30th, so all the bags and treats needed to be divided up and put into our Halloween pumpkin buckets.  The retreats are a blast, and I'm not about to miss it because of my surgery.  Have one more bead making project to finish before the retreat, so will work on getting that done tonight, so I can relax and make sure I have everything I need for the next few weeks.  

I got fitted for my sling today, and the woman fitting it said, "I have a lot of velcro to cut off of yours, because you're so tiny".  Made me smile, and made my husband grin from ear to ear.  

Happy maintenance everyone!  We'll all hang in together and will be able to make it for the long run.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!