VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday January 14...

Saturday January 14

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/14/17 4:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I had to think hard about what day it was! Saw the PS surgeon yesterday. Everything is going good. They said the swelling on my face is the best they have seen, but I think I look like Yoda with the head wrap I'm wearing now. I did get to see everything and it does look good. Neck and jawline look really smooth and my belly looks good too. I can stand up a lot better now though still not straight yet, so it some muscles in my back are pulling a bit. I still can't chew well with the wrap so I'm eating high protein soft foods. It was difficult getting enough calories yesterday but the surgeon said I must absolutely keep my weight up or I could get malnourished and not heal. He said he's seen people who lost a lot of weight and then had a TT sometimes have that happen (that would NOT be good).  Overall I'm pretty comfortable on just extra strength Tylenol. The only problem I've had is that a postnatal drip has caused me to start coughing a few times - I have to whip a pillow onto my tummy to hold it and get a cough drop in my mouth quickly.

One interesting thing is that our beagle hasn't paid any attention to how I look, but our chihuahua wouldn't sit with me until yesterday.  The mummy wrappings on my head apparently scared her, but now she is snuggled in my lap.

Have a great Saturday all!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Shel25
on 1/14/17 6:41 am

123 OTD

Liz, the post PS scale experience was mind bending!  Just buckle up and be patient. Even when you start weighing, you can't be sure of your true weight for a long while.  I measured my hips the other day and sometime in the last couple of months they lost another 1/2 to 3/4 inch.  My LBL was in July so that gives you an idea of how long swelling hangs on.  My PS also had strong warnings about the very real possibility of malnourishment.  

Also, that mummy head wrap sounds useful to prevent after dinner eating.  They should market it as a diet aid.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Seize what you need, today!  

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/14/17 7:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL - yes it really is a diet aid!  Just took a shower, washed hair and rewrapped belly and face.  It feels so good to be clean and now I feel that I'm past the worse. The first 2 days were much tougher than WLS, but hopefully all worth it.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Spencerella
on 1/14/17 8:40 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Morning peeps. 116 this morning. Better hydration these past couple of days and I'm feeling more focused on getting back to normal eating so that I can hopefully slide down a few pounds without too much extra effort. 

Off to work after which fam is heading to the movies. I want to see Manchester By The Sea but not sure I'll get my way. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/17 9:58 am

Hey, cutie! Love your new favorite sweater pic at the store with the girls. You look marvelous. Glad you are checking in. Miss seeing your daily posts. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/17 9:57 am

Weight basically the same as yesterday - up .2

I had a difficult time last night with grazing. I think I was just tired and stayed up too late with Ron watching TV that we had recorded. Had my regular evening yogurt, but then got the munchies later. Had a couple of tsps of PB. Even after that I had some urges. I cut a Costco version of a Kind bar in half and ate that. So that was roughly 250 calories of needless eating. Luckily, I was aware and made choices. I could have made far worse choices. Ron had his gourmet hot chocolate and then a PB and honey sandwich. So, in comparison, I did okay in my eyes. 

Airedale client this morning and then a haircut and a trip to Trader Joe's for some milk to make yogurt, eggs, frozen blueberries and green beans. (4 of my must haves in the house!) We have a movie planned for sometime this weekend. Either Manchester by the Sea or Hidden Figures. Both look wonderful! 

Had a real cool mirror experience yesterday. I was changing for the gym and got a good look at myself in the mirror wearing just gym shorts. I saw myself without judgement, but with honesty. Was a powerful feeling. I also made a mental note that years ago prior to WLS at this same weight (because several years prior to WLS I was nowhere close to the weight I am now) I wore much larger clothes. So, even though I'm not happy with the extra weight I am carrying, I'm still wearing generous sized mediums and large shirts as opposed to XL and XXL. 

One of the vision exercises I have read through asks the reader to find pictures of men of similar body type who have the body fitness and fat percentage level that you strive for. Interesting task. I put it off for about a week. I did it Thursday night. I chose pictures that I thought were absolute ideals (and yes, I found pics of men close to my age - though some were younger) and also better than the average 52 year old. I will have to talk with the shrink about this, though. Not sure how good of an idea it is for me to try to achieve the ideal and have that in my head. But I understand the exercise. 

Yesterday Linda wrote that she has not been in WL mode for a year or so. Holy Diet, Bat Girl! I want some of that for me. Something else to keep in mind. 

Today I leave you with this thought from my self care poster: Never give up on your dreams. 

diane S.
on 1/14/17 11:54 am

Greetings Gifted Ones

Love hearing the plastic surgery chronicles. Mummy mask as a diet aid - LOL good idea. I once had a dog who growled at me because I had curlers in my hair (something I rarely did).  

But heed the warnings about malnutrition. Maybe drink whole milk or creamy soup to get enough calories for a bit. Glad you are happy with how things look. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend planned with plenty of me time. Joey I am thinking of you and all you have going on. Wish I could send you some elves to help out. 

Well, another sunny day. We get sun until Tuesday and then the deluge begins again. So glad we got the siding and painting done. 

Dogs got into the neighbors yard as a fence board fell down. They were not home so we had to use squeaky toys and dog cookies to coax the dogs back in. Methinks that back fence will need replacing soon. Great, another thing falling apart around here. Thankfully it was not quite dark yet.

DH was actually watching that old bomb of a movie Cleopatra with Elizabeth Taylor last night. I had to go to the other room and watch high quality TV like American Pickers. Guess we should go out to a real movie tonight. 

Cheers all. Its National ME Day.  Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/17 1:38 pm

LOL! I actually checked out this National Me Day. What a hoot! But, it's not today! Today is..... drum roll please.....

National Dress Up Your Pet Day! 

diane S.
on 1/14/17 4:05 pm

Is there really a National ME Day?  I just made that up.  Diane S

diane S.
on 1/14/17 5:09 pm

Hey Kida

While driving home listening to "The Art of the Song" The guest artist (Melinda Something) there was a song played called "I am full" which had a wonderful chorus and lyrics about being full even if things are tough etc. I tried to find it on u tube. its from a one woman operetta. It sounded like a great theme song for all of us.  Diane S